We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Space center on launch day?

Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Space center on launch day?

Hi, we arrive in cacao beach may 9th late, leaving for the airport on may 11th at 1 pm, so one and a half day for kennedy space center and the beach. My kids are 5 and 7 and they will be tired from theme parks. Now I just found out there is a launch planned for May 10th at 4 pm. Sounds great but ... Also i read the space center is very busy at launch dates, and not looking forward for yet another day filled with queueing.

Question: is the added value of seeing the launch from the space center worth the extra busyness? Or is it only busy when there is a high-profile launch and will it be fine this time? Altrnative is to spend may 10th at the beach, view the launch from a public road and go to the space center on may 11th, in the time between checkout and leaving to the airport.

Thank you for your advice!

2 replies to this topic
Fort Lauderdale...
Destination Expert
for Fort Lauderdale, Miami
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
246 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Space center on launch day?

What would make it "worth the extra busyness" to you and yours ? Im honestly not sure anyone else can answer that question for you.

Space X is a breath of fresh air and renewed interest in KSC and the like, I doubt "it will be fine this time".

Perhaps its best saved for a trip when you'd be more relaxed and have some extra time...

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
899 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Space center on launch day?

Watching a rocket launch live could be a once-in-a-lifetime event. Yes there will be crowds but in my opinion well worth it. We were supposed to watch a launch on our last visit to KSC; it was scrubbed due to weather. My kids were very, very disappointed.

Reply to: Space center on launch day?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Brevard County