We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Which Ben Tre hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Hi there,

Popped into a Mai Linh office this morning to ask about timetable and they said they no longer run a service to Ben Tre. Asked at hotel reception about Phuong Trang bus and after making enquiries he told me there are no buses to Ben Tre. We have a hotel booked and a private car is too expensive. I'm thinking our only alternative is to join a day tour group to get there and back.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Oops, forgot to mention that we are in Saigon.

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

You can use Minh Tam Bus at 204 Su Van Hanh street, district 5 . They depart every 30 minutes.

Other choices for Buses to Ben Tre such as Thao Chau or Thinh Phat. Ticket is around 4 usd per head. The trup takes less than 2 hours. They also drop you at your hotel if requested.

Cheers

Nhung

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Thank you very much for your helpful reply Nhung. Ben Tre here we come : )

Eindhoven, The...
Level Contributor
444 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Have fun in Ben tre Anne, I love ben tre. Try to get lost....

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

How did you go Anne???

Are you in Ben tre??? Found any gems that you want to impart before I get there in a few weeks??

Hope the trip is going well, how about a bit of an update??

Mark

Ben Tre, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,594 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Hey Mark, are you going to stay overnight in Ben Tre? Are you staying at Ken 's place?

Nhung

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
811 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Checked out of the May Hotel in Saigon (better than I expected and great pool!) around midday and took a taxi to District 5 for Minh Tam bus, VND 78,000. Bigger than a mini bus, maybe 30 seats. Left about 20 mins later. Easy peasy. Comfortable with good driver. Picked up a few more people along the way and about 40 mins later had a stop for Bahn Mi Thit, drinks etc. They gave us a little bottle of water each.

Wonderful to see a new part of Vietnam. It reminded me of going to Far North Queensland as a kid, very tropical. A bit further on we had a toilet stop.

Got to Ben Tre and into a mini bus which brought us to Ham Luong Hotel. Great service.

Hotel is across the road from the river, has a small pool and a bar/cafe on the fourth floor where you can watch the river traffic : )

Went for a wander down the road to the market and surrounding shops, always interesting, but here not one person hassled us to buy. We did though!

Decided to have a drink at the front of the Viet Uc hotel and hoardes of people started arriving soon after. Reunification (or Victory day according to one local) celebration and there was a special buffet dinner with entertainment on the first floor so we thought why not? We were the only tourists, were fussed over a bit and had a wonderful night. They do like their music loud! The fella was asked if he'd like to get up and sing a song, ha ha, fat chance of that happening!

Got up before 6 this morning for great coffee next door to hotel. After a swim and breakfast we'll do something about a boat trip or just explore the town, or a bike ride. I can hear the boats chugging up and down and I'm getting itchy feet!

Hi Mark, We're having such a great holiday. An Bang and Cua Dai beach for twelve days was bliss. Got excellent shoes made from Cua Dai shop and the fella also went local for his winter coat and shirts and he's happy too. Didn't go in to town much but one day I caught the courtesy bus in for a hairdo at Ba Le Well. Another good choice. Time to go back to Cua Dai and the bus arrived in town with issues. They popped me on the back of a motorbike with a very loose helmet. I had shopping to juggle, the traffic was crazy, started raining and we got stuck behind an ostrich and an elephant getting a ride to God knows where. Bit different to coming home from the shops in Melbourne!

Three more nights to go : ) : (

Cheers,

Anne

Canberra
Level Contributor
126 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Hey Anne, Glad you got to Ben Tre. Sounds like you are having a hoot. When you get a chance, would love to hear what else you got up to in Ben Tre.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Nice one Anne,

Seems like the plan has come together beautifully. Glad you guys are having a blast :-)

Hey Nhung,

No we are just doing the day trip thru Ben tre and staying the night in Can tho for an early start at Cai rang the following morning. What is Ken's place???? We are thinking about backtracking thru the Mekong after PQ though.

Mark

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
188 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Help needed for bus to Ben Tre tomorrow

Hi Anne,

How long is the bus ride to Ben Tre please? We are travelling from Saigon to Can Tho, would it be worth us stopping off in Ben Tre for a look?

We are also having some relaxing time at An Bang Seaside Village - any recommendations?

We leave Melbourne tomorrow night for our first trip to Vietnam - so excited!

Get answers to your questions about Ben Tre