We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kuala Namu Airport to Bukit Lawang

10 posts
Kuala Namu Airport to Bukit Lawang

Hi all,

I know there are plenty of posts on this topic but I just want to be sure I am clear; this leg of my journey is giving me anxiety already...

First, some context - I will be arriving at Kuala Namu Airport (terminal 1) from Singapore on August 7th at 0955 hrs. I will then need to travel to Bukit Lawang.

From what I've heard, I first need to take the ALS bus from the airport to Binaj. Where can I find this bus? How frequently does it leave? I have been told 30 000 IDR is the price - is this accurate? Do I pay the driver, and if so do I pay when I get on the bus or when we arrive in Binaj?

Once I get to Binaj, I am unclear on the next steps as well. I emailed the owner of the place I am staying at in BL and they told me that I should go from Binjai to BL by Pembangunan semesta (whatever that means??). How do I find the next bus to BL, and again, how much will it cost and who/when do I pay?

Will this bus drop me off right in BK, or will I need another form of transport after that?

Thank you so much for your help!!!!

2 replies to this topic
london
Level Contributor
2,462 posts
36 reviews
1. Re: Kuala Namu Airport to Bukit Lawang

There is a pretty detailed explanation here.

http://www.bukitlawang.com/Transport

The ALS bus runs from the arrivals area, it's not hard to find and generally reasonably managed, in Binjai things are slightly less orderly, but if you are arriving at 09:55, you have plenty of time to reach Bukit Lawang without getting ripped off, etc.

10 posts
2. Re: Kuala Namu Airport to Bukit Lawang

Thanks so much! Do you know exactly where I should catch the bus to BL from Binjai? I am a little stressed about the transfer...

Reply to: Kuala Namu Airport to Bukit Lawang
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted