We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kathgodam to Ranikhet

Gangtok
Level Contributor
127 posts
70 reviews
Save Topic
Kathgodam to Ranikhet

I am travelling with my wife and daughter to Ranikhet in end of June 2016. We are going by train to Kathgodam and from there are supposed to proceed to Ranikhet by taxi. We will return the same day from Ranikhet to Kathgodam and catch the train back. Our train to Kathgodam arrives very early and hence need an accommodation with decent toilet for 2 to 3 hours only in Kathgodam. Please can you suggest some reasonable hotels in Kathgodam for the purpose. Please can you also let us know of any taxi driver or taxi provider whom we can book a cab from to take us from Kathgodam to Ranikhet and back.

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Ranikhet
Ranikhet
Almora District, India
Jageshwar Dham
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Kasar Devi Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
Chitai Temple
Sacred & Religious Sites
2 replies to this topic
Nainital, India
Level Contributor
696 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kathgodam to Ranikhet

Hi Prakash

You may book your stay at Haldwani which has many choices of hotels and very frequent taxi available.

Book hotel Surya near Rly station or hotel S.V. opp of Haldwani taxi stand but in advance.

No need to book taxi in advance,its available in Haldwani taxi stand all the time.

Manjusree

Gangtok
Level Contributor
127 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kathgodam to Ranikhet

But why will I go to Haldwani?

I am reaching and departing from Kathgodam.

Reply to: Kathgodam to Ranikhet
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Almora