We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Topic
Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Hi there

I was planning to get the 27 bus from Marseille to La Palud on Friday 3rd June and leave on Monday 6th June. However I have found a link to a timetable which says that this bus only runs on Saturdays and Mondays in June. The timetable is dated 15 December 2013 and I can't find a more up to date one. The timetable can be found here: autocars-sumian.fr/LIGNES/pdf/fh27-2014.pdf

Can anyone confirm if I have interpreted the timetable correctly and this bus does indeed only run on Saturdays and Mondays during June? I have already made my hotel reservations to check out on Friday but will have to change them to check out on the Saturday if this is the only day I can get the bus. I just want to make sure I am looking at the correct timetable before making any changes to my hotel reservations

Thanks in advance

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

More up to date timetable below

Buses run every day except Sunday and French public holidays

info-ler.fr/upload/lignes/ler27_marseille_gr…

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

I might be mistaken but I seem to understand that From April 1st to late June,the second part , ie from Riez to Castellane is only possible on Mondays and Saturdays, except holidays.Something to do with market days, I guess

On demand before that period . Daily in July and August (except Sundays and holidays)..

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Thank you Soooz. This is exactly what I was looking for

guidemontelimar_13 I think you may have been looking at the same timetable as me which states that the bus only runs on Mondays and Saturdays. Thankfully this timetable is out of date by 2 years and the link provided by Soooz is valid from 1/9/2015 and states that it runs every day except sundays and bank holidays - I guess they've had a rethink since 2013. Interesting that the old timetable was related to market days. Was wondering why those 2 days in particular. I expected the bus not to be running at weekends but not be restricted to just Saturday and Monday

Anyway, all good now. Thank you both for your help

Montelimar, France
Level Contributor
1,285 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Sorry ,Bug44boo but I still think this bus from Riez doesn't exist everyday.

1 Circule du 1er avril au 30 juin et du 1er septembre au 31 octobre les lundis et samedis sauf fériés

Level Contributor
4,140 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Sorry

I've just re read the schedule and now think guidemontelimar is correct

Just Saturday and Monday during the period you want :(

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June

Ah yes I have now seen note 1 and I fear you are both correct. That's fine, I will just contact my hotel and change my booking. Thank you for spotting this for me

Reply to: Bus 27 from Marseille to Castellane in June
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castellane