We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verdon Gorge

Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Verdon Gorge

I have been obsessed with pictures of Verdon Gorge, and am trying my hardest to find a way to visit. I plan to be staying in both Avignon and Nice, but what have I seen so far it is easiest to catch a bus directly from Nice to Castellane (arriving at 9:30 am and leaving at 7:00 pm the same day). My main question, is how easy it to then access Verdon Gorge from the city?

What would be the best way to view and experience the Gorge? I have found a company with white water rafting, or have considered looking for kayaking or even just going for a hike. If a hike is what I decide on, is there any trails that are suggested? Any help or ideas on how to cross this amazing place of my bucket list would be greatly appreciated!

Ride The Verdon
River Rafting & Tubing, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Water Sports, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Haute Provence Outdoor
Off-Road & ATV Trails, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, River Rafting & Tubing
Raft Session
River Rafting & Tubing, Kayaking & Canoeing, Canyoning & Rappelling Tours
Base Sport and Nature
Canyoning & Rappelling Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing, River Rafting & Tubing
11 replies to this topic
Vence, France
Level Contributor
8,269 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Verdon Gorge

... same is true for a "perfume experience" ;)

Maybe the tourist offices in Avignon or Nice can help finding a tour.

Reply to: Verdon Gorge
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Castellane