We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vacation

hot springs...
Level Contributor
43 posts
Save Topic
vacation

My husband and I are planning a trip to your area next September, could anyone guide me as to weather to use a travel agent, book ourselves etc,etc.? I have always planned our own trips, mostly on advice from Trip Advisor, but have never done one so important or overseas!!! Well, I have booked one to Mexico and Puerto Rico. We would like to visit the cemeteries around Normandy, my husband's namesake and uncle is buried there!!! Would also like to visit Paris for a few days!! Should we do Paris first then Normandy, or the other way around? We will be celebrating our 40th anniversary!!! Thanks so much for any advice!!!

2 replies to this topic
Essex
Level Contributor
31,530 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: vacation

Book it yourself.

Likely you will fly in to Paris, so do A few days there, then travel into Normandy for x days then a coulpe of days back in Paris before flying home.

All depends how much time you have to allot to this trip, of course, which you have not said.

Grasonville...
Level Contributor
438 posts
270 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vacation

You can do all of this yourselves. What I have done in the past was to go directly to Normandy then get one of the airport hotels for the last few days. We don't go into Paris anymore, been there done that. The people are not as friendly as you will find out in Normandy anyway. Others have varied thoughts on this but we like to have a car out in Normandy. Most people stay in Bayeux but we have stayed on the beach in Saint-Laurent-sur-Mer a few times. The only disadvantage is there is not much to do at night. In Bayeux there are many things to do. Start looking at Homeaway, we found some nice places there for less than a hotel.

Reply to: vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Colleville-sur-Mer