We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

5 posts
Save Topic
Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

Beacause of the recent problems in Bangkok, & the travel warnings etc etc, is there many people in Chaweng at the

moment & are the bars & clubs busy.

I looking to either come to either Samui or Bali in the next 10 days

Bathurst, Australia
Level Contributor
296 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

Just got back on Sunday from a week in Samui. Not sure if I can compare it to how busy it usually is, but there were plenty of people on the streets and shopping etc. The bars and restaurants were only 1/4 to 1/2 full, but maybe we were there too early.

Can't comment on the clubs, but overall, plenty of people around.

Oh the boat from Koh Tao etc was packed!

Wellington, New...
Level Contributor
6 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

Just got back from a 9 night stay. I didnt think it was overally busy, so asked a few restaurant and shop workers who advised it is much quieter than usual!

Still had a fantastic trip!

Bristol, United...
Level Contributor
4,033 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

My 'contacts' in Samui say busines is slow, no suprise there. I'd welcome it being quiet!

Ko Samui, Thailand
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

I am just back from Chaweng, still quite a few people around, not too busy, but I wouldn't call it quiet either...

Level Contributor
31 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

Sort of looking forward to it being quite quiet when we get there.

6. Re: Chaweng is it busy at the moment ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2010, 16:15
Still have questions?
Post your own question so other travellers can help.
Ask a question