We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

restaurants

New Jersey
Level Contributor
20 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
restaurants

We are a family of 4 (kids 15 and 18) coming to St. Kitts for the first time in July. We are staying at the Marriot time share. What are some restaurants that people would recommend? Can we walk from the Marriot? Love the idea of some of the beach bars/restaurants as well as some nicer places but nothing too over the top. THANKS!!

5 replies to this topic
Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,584 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: restaurants

There are at least a half dozen beach bars within a 10 minute or so walk of the Marriott and and equal number (or more) other restaurants, all within walking distance. For a complete list with lots of reviews use the "Restaurants" link at the top of this page. Hint: You can sort the list by price, type of food, etc.

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
324 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: restaurants

Yes I did not stay at Marriott but passed in car several times. There are a number of restaurants within walking distance. We had dinner on Bombay the Indian restaurant We really enjoyed it. I don't know if kids will but the food is good. This was my first real experience eating Indian food and will continue. There is a pizza place next to it I was told had good pizza. I am not much of a pizza eater, kids probably would love it. We ate at the Marriott breakfast buffet we were really disappointed. The day in rained in St Kitts the electricity went out and I could not cook in villa. They ran out of food and did not replace. Long lines at egg station and waffle pancake station. It was a bit tasteless to me. and husband. Along the strip there is a place where you can get sandwiches and breakfast that is reasonably priced in EC dollars. I would recommend. Also there is a food truck a little bit down the road called Bobbies or something like that. They serve chicken wings, tenders etc. food was good and reasonably priced. Hope this helps.

NJ
Level Contributor
12 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: restaurants

Within walking distance of the Marriott, I'd recommend Rock Lobster, Bombay Blues (Indian food), and the new hibachi place. There are beach bars over on The Strip, also walking distance. Nearby, but not walking distance... Poinciana is very good. Don't miss Bobsy's Wings -- a food truck type place by the side of the road near the roundabout closest to the Marriott. If you head out to the peninsula, hit Shipwreck for great chicken fingers (for real!). If you want a treat at night, Salt Plage is wonderful -- out near the end of the peninsula... light bites and drinks, but WOW the sunsets... and in-water lighting off the dock to attract fish, rays, and more. Spectacular.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: restaurants

On the Frigate Bay Strip, try Boozies for a great meal, also Cathy's (slow service but great food). These are very laid back casual places. Think shorts and flip flops. The Sunset Cafe at Timothy Beach Resort on the strip also serves a decent meal in a nice setting (in my opinion). And their Dock beach bar is a fun place for happy hour. My advice is enjoy the Marriott as a base, but don't waste your time/money eating there (other than The Pizza Shack poolside which is very good). I do love the Marriott beach though. Enjoy, it's a beautiful island.

Edited: 04 August 2017, 05:26
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
219 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: restaurants

I just re-read the original post and realize your trip has already come and gone. Hope you enjoyed it - maybe someone else will benefit from my recommendations!!

Reply to: restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Frigate Bay
Recent Conversations