We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

Cos Cob, Connecticut
Level Contributor
28 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

We're staying at the Marriott next month with our 20-yr-old daughter. We plan to go to Carambola Beach area one day, but looking for suggestions for one other day away from the hotel, preferably more on-land. Is Nevis worth the day trip? Any other suggestions of something unique to one of the islands and not too crazy expensive? We won't have a car.

Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
543 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

I would take the time & visit Nevis. There are taxis usually waiting at the taxi stand for fares. Do an island tour while you are on Nevis. There is a taxi stand near the Marriott in St Kitts as well. I would go to South Friars beach where Carambola is but not on a cruise ship day.

Cos Cob, Connecticut
Level Contributor
28 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

Thank you. Are there any specific tours you recommend on Nevis?

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,643 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

Funky Monkey does ATV tours.

Wheel World & Nevis Adventures do bicycle tours.

Earla's Eco-tours and Sunrise Tours do hikes.

Or, just hire a local taxi driver/guide for a driving tour of the island.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

Depending on your fitness level, have you thought about doing the hike up Mt. Liamuiga? It's the tallest point on the islands.

Or how about doing a tour to Brimstone fortress? Stop at Eco park or maybe the Amazing Grace museum. Ottleys plantation for lunch?

When we went to Nevis for the day, my wife and I did a horse riding excursion. It wasn't terribly expensive. After we went to Qualie beach to relax. Alexander Hamilton's birth home is on the island, but visit during the weekday as it's closed on the weekend.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,220 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

I would absolutely take the ferry to Nevis. Beautiful and quite diff from St Kitts. Funky Monkey Tour is an adventurous and fun way to see the island. Stop at Oualie Beach for lunch or at Paradise Beach which has a few beach bar/restaurants before going back into town to catch the ferry. When you get back to St Kitts it is a good opportunity to pick up some groceries before heading back to the condo. We shared a taxi back to the Marriott with a couple we met on the ferry who were also staying at the Marriott. Be sure to have your camera ready while touring Nevis. I would also book a tour of St Kitts. VIP Johnson's gave us a great overview. He picked us up right in front of the Marriott in a very comfortable ac vehicle and had a cooler for water/drinks which came in handy! We did kind of a round the island tour. My fav places were Romney Manor and the batik shop there (got a couple of nice dresses for a good price) The gardens and view are lovely. Then the Fort which was impressive. Not a real history buff but the beauty of the setting is breathtaking. A nice place for a walk and to just take in the view of other islands. We were going to stop for lunch at a small beachside restaurant but it was closed that day, disappointing. We walked the beach and hopped back in to complete the tour. At the end we asked to be dropped at Carambola Beach. Kenroy was happy to drop us there where we enjoyed a late lunch and just hung out til He picked us back up (pre arranged time) to return to the Marriott!

5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

Hop onto the Kongalime fun bus and see the island from diff8 perspectives and at the same time have the time of your life. Water and various beverages are served . Really nice Local and Caribbean music is played to your comfort while a tour guide fascinates you with the ins and out of the island. Like they say" there is never a dull moment " they can be connected by 661 4135 and the rest is up to you, if you are lucky you just might learn some local dance or some dialect

7. Re: Recommendations for Day Exploration from Marriott

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 April 2018, 15:16
Get answers to your questions about Frigate Bay
Recent Conversations