We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach at Marriott ?

North Bay
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Beach at Marriott ?

We are considering Marriott for our family vacation in March. My only concern is wether my kids will be able to swim in the ocean or is it to rough for 5 and 8 year olds. We try not to swim in the pools, so can somebody help me with that as it is a deal breaker for us.

Thank you

Nevis
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,639 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach at Marriott ?

Hard to give you a definitive answer. Sections of the Marriott's beach are "protected" by man-made breakwaters which have a calming effect on the waves.. The thing is, the beach is on the Atlantic side of the island and on some days (impossible to predict) the waves can be quite rough even with the breakwaters. On those particular days you'll find calmer waters on the Caribbean side of the island.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Level Contributor
29 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach at Marriott ?

A walk to the frigate bay beach side is like 15-20 minutes from the Marriott. The waters are much calmer on that side and I found it had less seaweed. The Marriott has big machinery cleaning up their beach daily.

JENSEN BEACH
Level Contributor
11,218 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach at Marriott ?

When we visited there were protected areas where the water was quite calm for swimming. Playing in the Ocean should not be an issue. "Swimming" long distances might be but that is seldom what kids really do.

Seaweeed comes and goes. One month it can be a problem and another month non existent. Depends on prevailing winds/tides. This is a lovely resort with a lovely beach.

pa
Level Contributor
5 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach at Marriott ?

the beach at the Marriott is awesome, remember you are on the Atlantic side but the beach area is protected, just a short walk from the Marriott is the Caribbean side or you can take a taxi to cockleshell beach, there are several other beaches that are nice also for swimming, ask one of the drivers for recommends off from the resort

5. Re: Beach at Marriott ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2018, 16:15
Get answers to your questions about Frigate Bay
Recent Conversations