We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?

Need a ride from Kigali, Rwanda to Kabale, Uganda, or the other way around? I now have an amazing solution!

While planning my trip to Uganda, but flying into Kigali, I could find no fast & easy solution for transportation over the Rwandan/Ugandan border. From chatrooms I found this was a common question & problem. I have just returned from Uganda feeling so grateful for having solved the problem in such an efficient, painless way. Through a conract at a resort in Lake Bunyonyi, I was given the name of Ivan, living in Kabale who agreed to pick me up in Kigali even at 2AM. Ivan was friendly, efficient and so very professional.

One has to have experienced this border crossing to know what a nightmare it truly is. Even at 3AM there were dozens of buses, hundreds of people lined up & luggage everywhere in the mud in almost complete darkness. Ivan had all the paperwork done in advance and although officials were slow, we sailed through the process quite painlessly. In addition, Ivan was a such a careful, proficient driver and as it happened it was a very foggy night on a dangerous twisting road. I felt so secure in his care.

I can’t say enough about how easy & painless Ivan made this trip - a wonderful start to my vacation. His price was very reasonable and certainly worth every penny. I couldn’t recommend anyone more highly.

One more important note. Special hires are only allowed in a holding area in the airport and not near the carousel. Don’t be conned by one of the airport baggage handlers like I initially was.

Contact Information:

Ivan Sunday

Cell: 256 782 466456

Cell: 256 702 466456

Email: ivan.ruth@rocketmail.come

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Uganda
Uganda
Africa
Lake Bunyonyi
Lake Bunyonyi
121 Reviews
Kabale, Uganda
3 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?

A correction to the email contact above:

Ivan.ruth@rocketmail.com

Arlington, Virginia
7 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?

How much did you pay for one-way transport from Kigali to Kabale?

Mentioned in this post
Kigali
Kigali
Kigali Province, Rwanda
Fort Portal, Uganda
Level Contributor
142 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?

I met Ivan one day and looked very honest and strategic.

He is a right person for this service.

Thank you for this information

Reply to: Want safe convenient transportation from Kigali to Kabale?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kabale