We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to book?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
When to book?

So I pretty much have my heart set on the Melia Buenavista. It's the next resort that sounds amazing for off the beach snorkeling, since I can't do the Paradisus this year (pool closed).

I'm looking to go in July and only have about 4 days to play around with for when I can leave.

Currently it's about $1,550. Really expensive for me. I looked one month from now for fun and it's about $1,200.

Based on everyone's experience, do you think it's worth the risk of waiting about 1 month before to book?

Mentioned in this post
Melia Buenavista
Melia Buenavista
2,919 Reviews
Cuba
8 replies to this topic
Fredericton, Canada
Level Contributor
12,672 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to book?

We're in the rainy season now and headed for storm season. It will be hotter than heck from now to November. Armed with that info, you decide. Holding off may save you some money. Test book to check on the flight booking up.

Have you been to Cuba in July yet?

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
Whitby, Canada
Level Contributor
150 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to book?

Decision is, of course yours o make. You have made an excellent choice of resorts.

Worth any price IMHO

Enjoy!

Cheers

Edited: 16 May 2018, 04:22
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to book?

Yes! I've been to Cuba 7 times, all within the months of June-September. The hotter the better for me!!! :) :)

I will keep checking every couple of days and see (while comparing to the 1 month benchmark)

Hopefully I can get a better price! (Unless July is always that pricey then I'm kind of out of luck)

Cheers

Mentioned in this post
Cuba
Cuba
Caribbean
London, Canada
Level Contributor
5,042 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to book?

It's a small resort, and one of the best, I would book now......JMO.

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: When to book?

"Test book to check on the flight booking up."

A good travel agent should be able to help you with this. Mine can generally let me know just how many seats are left when it's getting tight. She has also on occasion managed to get a seat reallocated when more than one tour operator is sharing the flight. If the plane isn't close to being full and your nerves can stand it, you might get a deal really last minute, but you can't count on it.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
266 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When to book?

I've never used a travel agent, didn't know they could do that!

I always end up booking with SellOff vacations, haven't ever found a better deal elsewhere. Isn't it in their best interest to try and get the biggest sale though? Or are you talking about a travel agent somewhere else?

Thank you :)

Ontario
Level Contributor
8,964 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: When to book?

My TA gives me the same price I see on line. I generally do my own research and tell her what I want. She can advise me if the flight is still wide open or if space is getting tight. And she has my back if things go sideways. She has sorted a lot of things for me at one time or another. A good travel agent is gold. A poor one, not so much....

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
5,096 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When to book?

its hit or miss, I booked my holiday today from Toronto to Havana for this August, its all in package on Cubana $1408 for 17 nights, the thing is the seats, they may all go fast first I don't think my package deal would go much lower, it will sell out into Havana from Toronto , I even got a free Tropicana show in Havana by booking cabana .

Edited: 16 May 2018, 07:19
Mentioned in this post
Toronto
Toronto
Ontario, Canada
Tropicana
Tropicana
2,572 Reviews
Cuba
Reply to: When to book?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Cayo Santa Maria