We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is so special about Stoupa?

Horsham, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
What is so special about Stoupa?

We have been to Greece several times but allways looking out for new places to visit.People seem to like Stoupa,but looking at the photos it does not look that special ? What am I missing ?

Mentioned in this post
Greece
Greece
Europe
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
59 replies to this topic
cheshire
Level Contributor
35 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
51. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

I have to admit I was not impressed with Stoupa at first. We arrived back yesterday after staying in Nafplio, Gialova and then Stoupa. Stoupa, felt far more English and we hated the strip by the beach. We did not use the beaches which were cheek by jowl with tourists but went to Kardamilli instead. However the restaurants and bars either end of the bay are very good, e.g 360 bar and Enigma, the Stoupa restaurant. Our adult children and their partners really enjoyed it here, as it was lively, so you really need to be sure what you want from your holiday. Personally, for all of us, 5 nights were enough.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Nafplio
Nafplio
Argolis Region, Greece
Stoupa Restaurant
Stoupa Restaurant
332 Reviews
Stoupa, Greece
Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
52. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

Just back from our second visit to Stoupa and its is a very lovely resort, nice fly and flop holiday and restaurants are lovely the Greek people as always kind and friendly. The last time we went we spent most of our days on the little beach beneath the Stoupa Restaurant where the sun beds were basic and free to those using the restaurant for drinks food etc. Returning this time we found the beach to have sun beds with mattresses and umbrella for 7 Euros lovely, however there were a considerable amount of returners on this beach who seemed to think because they have been going there for 10,15,20 years or whatever it gave them a divine right to have the best positions on the beach and in order to do so used their influence with the Stoupa restaurant to save beds for them, sadly if you arrived later than about 10 am it was difficult to get a bed because the sun beds had neat little white tablecloths laid on them to reserve them for these people. remember how we laughed at the Germans for rising at the crack of dawn to get the beds, well at least they actually got up to do it ,these people used their influence and patronage to have someone else do it for them, they gathered in their little groups talking loudly about how many times they've been, how they are on first name terms with the restaurent staff and telling anyone who listened to avoid Stoupa in July and August because shock horror it's overrun with Greeks, god forbid the next thing you'll know there will be Cornish people on Cornish beaches. So although Stoupa is lovely and we enjoyed our holiday we will not be back the attitude of some of these people was staggering,newbys like us we're almost made to feel unwanted on their beach. So Stoupa gets our vote for the lovely laid back,relaxing beautiful resort it most certainly is, the returners most certainly do not .

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Stoupa Restaurant
Stoupa Restaurant
332 Reviews
Stoupa, Greece
53. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 September 2017, 07:05

Aberdare
Level Contributor
142 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
54. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

Back again. Forgot to mention Maria at Manni cars . Brilliant service as usual. Enjoyed driving the"" beast "" for three days. Looking forward to kisses next year Maria πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹. Your staff Juile and Sereos are brill and can't do enough for you, but I do object to kissing Sereos. πŸ’‹πŸ’‹πŸ’‹. He he.πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

Gloucester, United...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
55. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

Billyandbetty, please read my post again, my point is the sunbeds being reserved with tablecloths from restaurant for the chosen ones to amble down at 10-11am safe in the knowledge that their favourite spot has been saved, and to assume that I lie in bed is a little presumptuous my husband and myself were on the beach by 9am and unlike others we do not lay down our towels and disappear depriving others the chance to also get a comfortable sun bed . I also find the Shirley Valentine comment and the comment to Harry a little offensive. Not knocking Stoupa it's lovely sadlly the attitude of some of my fellow brits leaves a little to be desired

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Greater London...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
56. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

Lovely to meet you Billyand Betty, washing all done!

See you next year.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
6,318 posts
50 reviews
Save Reply
57. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

Just got back and we had a fantastic holiday as always. Yes the beaches are busier but the restaurants at night are just the same, busy but we always got a table. In fact we have booked again for next September while we was there.

victoria, b.c.
Level Contributor
112 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
58. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

We'll be there sometime in late May. Just wondering if it's less busy then.

Shrewsbury, United...
Level Contributor
5,610 posts
576 reviews
Save Reply
59. Re: What is so special about Stoupa?

I have been twice in late May, it is a great time to visit Stoupa. It will be just right, plenty of people but not overly busy.

I would love to be visiting this May, but it worked out too expensive for the dates I wanted.

I am sure you will have a fantastic time.

Mentioned in this post
Stoupa
Stoupa
Messenia Region, Greece
Reply to: What is so special about Stoupa?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
More Stoupa Topics