We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Thomas Cook prices

Halifax, United...
Level Contributor
217 posts
82 reviews
Thomas Cook prices

So glad that we booked last week to stay at Villa Kosta for July next year. Just looked at the prices and Thomas Cook have put it up to £2011.00 and this is with a discount.

Level Contributor
29 posts
3 reviews
11. Re: Thomas Cook prices

Good old tour operator price fluctuations hey!! Drives me crackers as I am always "unsure" when the best time to book is. Especially as I am new to Stoupa so don't have previous prices as a comparison to know what's " a good deal". In the end, I had a figure in mind that I was prepared to pay for a family of 4 and when the price came to that I booked with Olympic just over a week ago. I would agree tour operators hike their prices before a sale though (as Olympic had a save £50 per person offer but the overall cost post discount was still higher than the price a paid the week before!!). As we need to go in August I tend to prefer to book well in advance as our preferred accommodation often sells out. Mr Panther also needs to book his leave from work well in advance too, so I never feel confident waiting until later in the year for easy jet prices to come out as we are then stuck with set dates. Interestingly this year we are flying from Birmingham (2 hours away) rather then Manchester as this was over £300 cheaper. If anyone is booking with Thomas cook or Olympic, it is worth checking out quidco (cash back site which is excellent and I have been using it for years) as we have another £85 cash back due back from the booking which will near enough cover airport parking / overnight accommodation. Happy days! Either way now we are booked and the countdown has began :0)

Edited: 26 August 2017, 19:17
Aberdare
Level Contributor
193 posts
51 reviews
12. Re: Thomas Cook prices

Never mind puddycat 99 . I'll still travel with T.C. Never had a problem with them and always very good price. I'm getting to enjoy wineding up the English with no sense of humour so much .Sorry if I've up set you .So not going to read or comment on Tripadvisor again . Everybody's different.😂. So billy and Betty are signing off for good. Just going to enjoy my Holidays in The fabulous Stoupa for many Year's to come. 😎👍💋🐑🐑🐑

Essex, United...
Level Contributor
211 posts
1 review
13. Re: Thomas Cook prices

Well Billy & Betty you probably won't read this but let's hope that your TC flight. Is not delayed like last Sunday's which was nearly 2 hours late in leaving Manchester. I felt sorry for those returning on Sunday as they were still picked up at the allotted time and had an extra 2 hours holiday at Kalamata Airport. At least EasyJet let you know by email if there is a foreseen delay so as an independent traveller you can alter your time of leaving for the airport. This year Easyjets flights have always tended to be virtually on time. Personally I find I have more leg room with Easyjet than TC and never had a problem with seating.

I don't like to be shepherded onto a coach and even more frustrating is when you get to Stoupa you can be sat on the coach whilst you wait for the rep to show people to their accommodation before moving on to the next drop off.

I am not criticsing TC as this is the way most package holidays and charter flights work and EasyJet do carry a lot of package holidaymakers especially for Nielson and their reps are at the airport waiting with transport to the resort.

Edited: 26 August 2017, 20:47
Level Contributor
444 posts
90 reviews
14. Re: Thomas Cook prices

Last weeks flight - latest of the season so far. Plane was delayed toTurkey unfortunately the evening before.

I think there are 2 quite distinct price changes for TC. When prices first come out and around now - both are really expensive. I suppose when first on sale they are relying on those repeat customers paying to get their Stoupa fix.

I've found best time to book is June for following year but you can have less choice. Though not going next year I did note this year and next how many properties TC seem to have.

The coach journey does wind me up. It was particularly bad a few years ago when we spent 20 minutes waiting for bags to be unloaded at the supermarket before being driven to Katerinas to walk the rest of the way to George's.

Bolton, United...
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
15. Re: Thomas Cook prices

Hey billy and betty please dont leave the forum. Love your posts. Enjoy your hols in Stouoa and keep posting.

lincoln
Level Contributor
222 posts
40 reviews
16. Re: Thomas Cook prices

drew, we also noticed that as we were staying at georges too. as it was our first time we werent sure what was happening and were tempted to just get off at first stop and walk to georges but sat waiting just in case we made a booboo. next time we'll just walk it from supermarket i think.

never been a fan of TC, we always try to go jet2 but they obviously dont do kalamata so we're stuck with TC for now.

on the plus side for TC, we thought mary the rep was the best and most informative rep we've ever had anywhere.

17. Re: Thomas Cook prices

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2018, 14:16
Get answers to your questions about Stoupa
Recent Conversations
More Stoupa Topics