We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manila
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Topic
re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Hello again guys/gals,

I just called the Civil Aeronautics Board (CAB) head office and they confirmed the extension of Tiger Airways Mla(Clark)-Macau flights up to Feb. 26, 2006 (as posted by femme earlier). They also mentioned that Tiger Airways has also filed for another extension beyond Feb. 26. So for those of you who are supposed to travel after Feb.26 you can call the CAB at 851-7268 for further info.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Thanks for the info and the number! It beats calling up the lousy Tiger Airways Singapore number! Hope you and your family enjoy a hassle free vacation!

Barcelona, Spain
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Any news on extension beyond February 27? My flight is on March 9th and It's still a cliffhanger for me :(

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
732 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Hi there! Our flight is supposedly on March 2, and that's next week! I called the Tiger Airways Singapore number (+6565807630 - I don't care if its for booking only!) last Monday, and the one who answered told me to call next week. March 2 is next week!!! Stupid no?! Anyway, I tried to call again the Civil Aeronautics Board number celtico posted above, they transfered me to their LEGAL department (8536760) and told me that the permit hasnt been extended.

Did you read the Fact sheet of Tiger AIr? Absolutely no refunds, only rebooking. And how can we rebook? Try booking a flight before or after your March 9 fllight and itll just say there are no available flights.

I am throwing away almost P9T for three unused/non refundable round trip tickets.

I got a Macau-HKG package from a travel agency instead.

But will continue to call Tiger up to next week to check if I can still save anything from our tickets. But am not really hopeful.

MKT
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Thanks for the info and phone no., Celtico1.

Now, we know how to get the Tigerairways update on their Macau-Manila flight.

Just called CAB today, Feb.24, and I was told that they approved a 2-month extension of their permit. So flights from feb.28 to end of April should be good to go!

Hope this helps. - hva

Barcelona, Spain
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

That really s*cks...so you think their permit wouldn't be extended anymore? Because I've been holding on to my ticket for the last month because they keep extending it on the last day.

This is stated on the Tiger Airways site:

If your flight is rescheduled before the date of travel, so as to depart more than three hours before or after the original departure time then you will be entitled to a travel credit or full refund of the unused part of your reservation if the alternative flight/s offered are not acceptable to you and you do not wish to travel. Providing you notify Tiger Airways more than 4 hours prior to the Scheduled Departure Time of your flight.

So I guess if it's really confirmed that their permit wouldn't be extended then you can demand for a refund. Someone from PinoyExchange did before and it was given to her.

Anyway good luck to you! I'm calling Cebu Pacific later and will check for flights to HK.

Barcelona, Spain
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Wow! That is good news...thanks a lot eedyh! :)

Manila
Level Contributor
12 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

Hey guys/gals!

I trully believe that this situation between CAB and Tiger Airways will be resolved in the coming weeks/months. It would be really stupid for the CAB not to issue a permanent permit for the Macau route because it is very, very profitable for all parties involved (Tiger, CAB, Clark-Macapagal Airport, Government, etc.). For those of you who are about to travel to Macau, take note of the number of OFW's you will be travelling with. It is these OFW's who make money for Tiger and all local agencies involved.

When I was in Macau I spoke with a couple of Pinoys who are now working there. Most of them are residents of Tarlac, Nueva Ecija, Ilocos and other northern provinces of the Philippines. They were able to secure their jobs due to the low rates offered by Tiger. Instead of wasting their time going to Manila to look for jobs, they just bought tickets to Macau and tried their luck there. I'm glad to report that most of our kababayans have landed legal jobs over there and they are able to support the families that they left behind here. And because of the low fares of Tiger, they are able to come home during the holidays and spend quality time with there families.

So, if the Macau route is cancelled it doesn't only affect us tourists (whom I would say consists of only 10% of the total passengers of Tiger flights) but it will spell disaster for our OFW and prospective OFW countrymen who strongly depend on this route.

macau
1 post
Save Reply
8. Re: re: Tiger Airways suspension update

hi celtico1,

thanks for the info, is there any possibility to continue Tigerairways flight to macau-clark until june 2006?

i hope it would... because we plan to go home on june 2006.....