We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
760 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Staying at The Manattan along Ave Dr Sun Yat Sen. Does anyone know the best way to get to Fernando's at Coloane?

Thank you in advance!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

You have to be there before 1140 and queue up in order to get first seating. Any later you will miss first seating and have to wait for at least 30 to 45 mins.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
760 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Thanks, we are planning to have a late lunch today so hopefully will not have to queue too long. We are now planning to visit Taipa first before heading to Coloane.

May I please have bus info to get from Taipa to Coloane where Fernando's is located? Is bus the best way? There are 4 of us traveling together.

Many thanks in advance.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

@mloz, I only know Manhattan locality,but not so sure about bus routes...though I know the bus routes that goes up to Hac Sac Beach,so check if bus routes # 21A,25,or 26A goes around Manhattan proximity.

Frankly the hype of Fernando's is weaning thin--there are other better places with better service, food and also dining environment.

At last bus top, Fernando's is directly infront.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

@mloz, late lunch no problem, in my last walk along Hac Sac Beach, there was no one at all-it was around 4pm-frankly Fernando's opening hours is as erratic as the man himself- he thinks he is bloody popular.

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

These days there is more than one route through Taipa to Coloane, and I'm not quite sure which bus takes which road. But the buses which go all the way to Hac Sa are 15, 21A, 25 and 26A.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
760 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Thank you all. We got to Fernando's at 1:30 for lunch and were seated in a few minutes. We enjoyed the clams, suckling pig, sardines, beans and salad. It was worth the trip!

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur
Level Contributor
11,608 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Their roast pig is stll very very good..

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Holiday Travel, Food and Travel, Macau
Level Contributor
27,447 posts
5,664 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

mKiara,

If Fernando's is no longer in high favor, what diner recommendations do you have in Coloane or Taipa?

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Macau
Level Contributor
7,874 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

Have you tried Espacao Lisboa yet? It's in a laneway in Coloane village, behind Lord Stow's bakery. Macanese rather than Portuguese, but if you can survive with fans rather than aircon, or you go later in the year, Nga Tim is another old faithful in the village.

And I'm an old stick-in-the-mud, but I still haven't felt any need to move away from places like Dumbo's (for larger parties) or O Santos (smaller groups) on Taipa.

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Best way to get to Fernando's Restaurant?

@BradJill, yep, I was going to suggest Espaço Lisboa, lovely two storey house,where there is a balcony upstairs. I found this place,when searching for a public washroom around Coloane village. Yep, tucked away on a narrow street behind Lord Stow’s bakery. Chef Antonio over here

in Taipa- A Petisqueira, also tucked away in a narrow street (Rua de S. João) in Taipa Village. Chef Jose over here.

Fernando's- gruff service( I have a choice in life- erratic guy),and just because every guide book makes reference, he goes and serve those oily so called homemade fries, and the oily fries that comes with the suckling pig-really it makes me wants to puke in this Italian red-sauce joint.