We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Which Macau hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Hello, everyone! I hope anyone can help me. My husband and two cousins are going to Macau from Hongkong on August 4,2011. This will be our first time in Macau. We plan to stay overnight and stay in a budget hotel or inn. We only needed a place to sleep. Can anyone recommend a budget inn?Has anyone stayed at Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah hotel? how much is their room rate? Were going there on a weekday so is it ok if we just walk inn?

Kuala Lumpur...
Destination Expert
for Kuala Lumpur, Macau, Hong Kong
Level Contributor
14,892 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

@HellenK, Both are just next to each other.Good location- Rua da Felicidade.

Just across the road from Koi Kei bakery.

Even weekdays,for your period, I suggest you call to make reservation-summer school holidays for that period.

For both,you could be looking at rates around MOP200-MOP350.

KO Wah got an email: kouva28930755@hotmail.com. otherwise call:- (853)2893-0755.

For Villa Universal :- (+853) 2857 3247.

No staying experience though. Only saw both when buying cookies at Koi Kei and eating in this area-plenty of eateries to choose from.

Los Angeles...
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Hi! Do you have room&bathroom photos of Vila Universal too? Thanks a lot! ☺

indonesia
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

hi hellenk, so have you been macau? which hotel do you stay ? was it comfortable ?

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Yes, I was in Macau last August 4,2011. We stayed at Augusters Lodge. It is a budget hotel and with common bathroom. The location was great.... It was near Lisboa Hotel, Cafe e Nata and Ruins of St Paul. However, it was located on the 3rd floor and there was no lift. Not recommended for older persons and with heavy luggage. But if you just need a cheap place to sleep and is out most of the time then you can stay at Augusters Lodge.

Villa Universal and Ko Wah Hotel are near each other. They are also centrally located. There is a bus slop near these hotel. You can alight near the bus stop and just walk several meters to the hotel.

Manila
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Hi everyone!

I am going to Macau this May 2012 with my husband.

How much did you pay for your ride from the airport to your lodge?

How far is the difference of the accommodations between Vila Universal, Hotel Kou Va and Augusters?

I've been trying to find pictures of Vila Universal on the net but I simply can't find any...

6. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 30 January 2012, 00:55
Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

I don't know about the fare from airport to the lodge since we came from Hongkong via ferry.

Augusters Lodge, Villa Universal Inn and Hotel Kou Va are all located near Senado Square. You can try the google map to see it's location. You can also zoom in the map and you could actually see the facade of Villa Universal Inn and Hotel Kou Va.

Manila
Level Contributor
10 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

Thank you very much BradJill and HellenK for your quick response.

How much do you think is a reasonable budget for 3nights lodging in macau city?

Iloilo City...
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

P 15,000 for a budget hotel, food and transportation is enough for 3 days. Your pasalubong and other expenses is not yet included here. So I think the biggest percentage of your budget will mostly depend on what type of hotel you are going to stay.

You can check Hotel Man Va which is located near Villa Universal and Hotel Kou Va or Nam Pan Guesthouse near Hotel Lisboa with website

www.cnmacauhotel.com

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Macau, Holiday Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
27,355 posts
5,585 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Universal Inn or Ko Wah Hotel

I sincerely apologize. HellenK is correct, Vila Universal and Hotel Kou Val is located on Rue da Felicidade (Macau Island) not far from Senado Square, not Rue do Cunha (Taipa) as I mistakenly suggested above. Very sorry about that.

I'm withdrawing my post above to avoid misleading/misguiding readers in the future. Post 6 is mended and posted below.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello hotbabedriver,

The following website provides some taxi/bus to/from airport information as well as estimated costs.

1.) Augusters, Villa Universal and Hotel Kou are located on the Macau Peninsula, Website above puts airport taxi feeat MOP61. I think its more like MOP70-80 to that area the last time we used this service. Or you can try bus A41, you can exit at/near the LIsboa and just walk to Augusters, cost is MOP3.30 per adult.

2.) Comments removed.

Means of transportation would highly depend on how much luggage you intend to carry.

Also, not sure where to find photos of Vila Universal but it registered with the Macau Tourism Board so it should be ok to stay there.

macautourism.gov.mo/en/info/guesthouse.php