We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

Manchester, UK
Level Contributor
241 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

having a fear of heights has put me off returning to this lovely area, but seem to recall a tunnel being built, just wondering when it will be finished.

Playa del Ingles...
Level Contributor
15 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

Around this time next year

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

The latest news is they hope to have it up and running and fully open to use by July 2012

From my neck of the woods(the end of it in the valley of Puerto Mogan) it really is getting done fast, working 24 hours on it they are.

Edited: 01 October 2011, 22:19
Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

The powers that be here are now saying the opening date is October 2012

For the new Motorway into Puerto de Mogan

surrey
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

Thank you JCT 562819 for your reply. Was wondering the answer to that question myself ;o)

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

It is always longer than they first say here and could be i reckon even longer than October, My estimate is not until the beggining of the new year after.I just give the official statement on here no matter what i think myself.

The last one was over a year after the official date for it.

surrey
Level Contributor
2,485 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

Probably the longer it is the better. I hope Puerto Mogan doesn't get spoilt once it becomes more accessible :o)

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

It wont get spoilt, just the ugly waste land built on,so a lot nicer surroundings all over then, and a lot busier, which is very much needed here for the bar restaurants and shops to survive. The Market will be here on an extra day as well which will be also good.

But certainly it wont become another noisy puerto Rico as nobody will ever get music licences only the bars and nightclubs at the new shopping centre. where the nightclubs anyway are all underground ready and waiting to open up.

Edited: 27 October 2011, 07:27
Ireland
Level Contributor
3,907 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

Yep, my thought too. I think it is because it is a "quiet" resort, that it doesn't attract the drinkers and the party animals. I'm afraid that when the new motorway is open, the infrastructure will change and this will in turn, entice the crowds. <sigh>

Mogan, Spain
Level Contributor
825 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

No it will stay quiet

as no music licenses are allowed only at the new shopping centre for the underground bars and nightclubs there. when they open up.

All other music going on anywhere else right now will be stopped completely.

They turn a blind eye at the moment because there is none in the designated places right now.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
30 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: When is the tunnel through to puerto de mogan due to be open

I cant understand why they have build a nightclub in puerto mogan only to think they are hoping that a young scene will start to appear in mogan.

I did hear that it opened up sometime ago for a short while and there where some trouble outside with a football team who went there. I cant see the Cordial Group putting up with any trouble outside there establishments.

The tunnel will attract more visitors into Mogan which i agree will benefit the Restaurants who seem to have plenty of empty seats in the evening, plus i will be able to drive without sweating around those bends.

Lets hope Mogan will keep its Charm.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto de Mogan
More Puerto de Mogan Topics