We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East or West side of the island

Johannesburg
Level Contributor
219 posts
38 reviews
Save Topic
East or West side of the island

Hello everyone.

We will be traveling to Gili Air in August and I was just wondering if someone who has traveled to the island can let me know which is the best side to stay? From my research, it seems that the Western side is quieter, and has amazing sunsets, but the tide does recede meaning that swimming isn't possible when the tide is out. The Eastern side seems busier, more accommodation, perhaps more noise? Is the swimming and snorkeling better on the East? Also, if we do choose to stay on the Western side of the island is it easy enough for us to walk across to the other side for good beaches and snorkeling? Thanks a ton. Kim

2 replies to this topic
Mataram
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: East or West side of the island

Dear Kim!

Warmest Greeting from Gili Air,

We would like to recommend you for good place, where you can view sunrise and sunset during playing on ocean swing with beach bonfire every night, as well many activities you can found in pelangi beach.

if you need more assistance do not hesitate to contact us!

we do looking forward to wait your feedback!

best regards

Phila, PA
Level Contributor
175 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East or West side of the island

Hello,

My Husband and I will be in Gili Air in Feb 2019 and would love to know where they have bonfires on the beach. We often have bonfires and I would love to be included in one to meet other people especially locals to enjoy your culture. Any information would be helpful. We are staying at hotel Ombak Paradise oh Jan 25-31.

Thank you, febbie

Reply to: East or West side of the island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Gili Air
Recent Conversations