We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Hi all. I’ve been to Tenerife a few times over the years (stayed at Parq Santiago in Playa da las) .. we love it here as it’s beome are thing and we love the area, the music fountain etc. However for a honeymoon for a few days we would like a little luxury & most hotels coming up seem to be in the Costa Adeje are... is it far away? Any can anyone suggest a really nice hotel from experience in either area. Thanks in advance. Vicky

9 replies to this topic
Cheshire
Level Contributor
40 posts
12 reviews
1. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Congratulations for your future wedding! I would recommend booking a suite in The Anthelia All Inclusive. It is in a perfect spot and it is was an amazing place to stay for our 30th wedding anniversary! It was expensive but worth every penny our Son paid to make our Anniversary special. I can also recommend GF Gran Costa Adeje which is further away from the beach ( 10 minute walk) but it is a brilliant hotel and im sure the staff will look after you. Both hotels are in Costa Adeje and have a selection of board types from B&B to AI.

Edited: 22 September 2018, 17:35
Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
12,110 posts
44 reviews
2. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Costa adeje starts at pappyago veronicas and runs up the coast for miles.

do you want to go out on a night or stay in your hotel, only the big hotels are usually isolated, if you plan on staying in then any would be good.

congratulations

Edited: 22 September 2018, 17:50
Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Thank you for reply. We would like to be able to go out a few times on the evening (only plan to go for a 4 full nights) but want a nice hotel for more the daytime luxury side ;)

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
4. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Oh wow, what a lovely son you have! And congratulations on 30 years ;)

Thank you for recommendations. I shall have a look now at both.

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
544 reviews
5. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

The Jardines de Nivaria is next door to the Anthelia. Both 5* luxury hotels and nothing really to choose between them. We almost got down to tossing a coin but the Jardines just edged in front. Certainly no regrets with that decision and we're going back for a week next year. We booked B & B as we enjoy eating out and there's a goodly number of decent restaurants in the area. Breakfast was great - the third best brekkie I've ever had in a hotel. That part of Costa Adeje definitely has a generally more upmarket feel than some other areas along the south coast.

Both hotels back on to Fanabe beach and only a few minutes walk to the Duque beach area, so excellent location - Claire makes a valid point upthread that some of the other 5* hotels in Costa Adeje are very much on the edge of things.

If you're checking out the Anthelia, also have a look at the Grand Salome. It's on the same site as the Anthelia and is, I understand, its more upmarket sister and adults only. If it's better than the Anthelia then it will be really fab.

Solihull, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
6. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Thank you Harters, great insight. Do you know how far these hotels are from playa da las (it’s the area where the music waterfall is) .. just trying to work it out myself. If you don’t know thank you anyway for your reply. Very helpful.

north west england
Level Contributor
4,264 posts
544 reviews
7. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

About 5km, according to Google Maps (about an hours stroll). It's about €7 in a taxi which is what I'd suggest doing.

Have you thought about the Villa Cortes in PDLA - upmarket hotel which you'll possibly remember from your previous trips as being next to Parque Santiago 4? I've not stayed there but have had a nosy round - looked nice although, to my mind, not as nice as the Jardines.

Southwell, United...
Level Contributor
388 posts
80 reviews
8. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Stayed in all of the hotels you mentioned in costa adeje and villa cortes.

Villa cortes is a nice property but a tad dated now, but depending on your budget the best in costa adeje is Bahia del Duque, followed by Jardines de nivaria, el mirador ( adults only), and lastly the gran salome area of the Anthelia.

Isle of Man, United...
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
9. Re: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje

Congratulations, I would recomend you have a look at Corlaes Royal Hideaway, La Caleta or Villa Maria Suites, la Caleta, some have that personal swimming pool we all want, especially on honeymoon. Expensive but for that one night money can not buy the memory it lasts forever. The first one even has a chef that will cook in your room. Enjoy

Reply to: Honeymoon - Playa or Costa Adeje
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje
Recent Conversations