We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riu Arecas Construction ?

Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Riu Arecas Construction ?

Just wondered if anyone knew if the construction next to the hotel is still taking place and if so what we can expect ?

Read topics about this a while ago but we’ve had no warning from Thomson to advise us of ongoing work, so we’re hoping it is either finished or close to completion ?

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Hampshire, UK
Level Contributor
8,781 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

Have you checked recent reviews for any complaints? If it’s a problem people will be mentioning it.

Middlesbrough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

Work still ongoing. Last four days have had 4-5hours of hydraulic rock breakers in action. Not a peaceful sunbathing spot I’m afraid. My guess is that there’ll be a least another eeeks worth of disruption

Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

We’re due to go 5 weeks today, so fingers crossed they’ll have the noisy work done by then !

Level Contributor
23 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

I emailed the hotel and they responded saying:

“Thank you very much for your e-mail.

We hope you understand that these building works are from the local government and it's outside the hotel and unfortunately we cannot give you more information about it.

We always do our utmost to provide you with a nice and pleasant stay.

We will be very glad to welcome you”

Not sure that helps much really !!

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

The last hotel review says work is due to finish in August. Hotel still has lots of 5/5 reviews so the disruption can't be that bad. Let us know how you get on, have a good time.

Swansea, United...
Level Contributor
230 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

Returned from Riu Arecas on the weekend. We had a room overlooking the pool so couldn’t hear anything. We weren’t disturbed when sunbathing by the pool either.

Edited: 15 May 2018, 02:13
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,370 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riu Arecas Construction ?

Thanks Denise, should be fine for my visit next year. Hope you enjoyed. Stay in touch.

Reply to: Riu Arecas Construction ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Costa Adeje
Recent Conversations