We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Hello all,

I am hoping that someone may be able to help and shed some light on Spain?!

Myself and my boyfriend are looking to go on holiday the second week of September for 10 days and have been looking at Spain but we have no idea where to pick.

We want somewhere with a nice all inclusive resort and beach but also a lively night-life scene as we will want to go out each night and drink and party rather than remain in the hotel and watch the entertainment.

Would be great if there were some local restaurants around too as we would love to experience some authentic Spanish tapas rather than the hotel buffet.

We quite like to get out and do things too so are looking for somewhere that has activities or things to in the day so we can leave the hotel and get out.

If anyone has any advice I would really appreciate it as I feel a bit hopeless!

We don't particularly have a budget either so are not limited on where we go.

Thank you :)

7 replies to this topic
Chester
Level Contributor
2,632 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Hi,

as you have posted the question on the Adeje, Tenerife forum I think you struck lucky because you should find what you want along the southern coast of Tenerife. Lots of young people head for the Las Americas area but all the towns have now mingled in to 1.

As you want to go out AL would be a waste of money, all the Canary islands are reasonably priced to eat and drink out.

Godalming, United...
Level Contributor
736 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

I'm puzzled as to why you want an All Inclusive resort when you want to get away from the Hotel and go out every night.!

Surely HB or even B&B would be a more suitable option for you as AI would be a waste of money in your case.

There are some great hotels in the South of Tenerife catering for every need.

If you don't want kids then I would recommend the H10 Gran Tinerfe,its Adults Only,Half board and positioned right on the sea front and right in the middle of all the resortsn that coast!. 5 minutes in either direction and you are in either PLA or Adeje depending on which way you walk.

This is only one Hotel, there are literally hundreds,but having stayed there I can highly recommend it .

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

We wanted to go all inclusive so that we had the food options for breakfast and lunch and drinks etc if we are around the pool or decide not to go out for the day or if we werent feeling up to leaving the resort one night and just wanted to stay and have dinner etc but we also would like to venture out and experience the night life and have local tapas etc. It was more just to cover ourselves in all eventualities.

I posted in a few forums as I did post in the main Spain forum but sadly had no response so when I had read other peoples posts I picked a few destinations out that had good reviews and seemed to fit what we were looking for so then posted in those forums directly - I hope that is okay?

Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely have a look at the hotel now!

essex
Level Contributor
2,234 posts
1,456 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

You would be better off Self Catering..eating out is cheap in Tenerife..and there are so many great restaurants to go to..catering for all tastes..anywhere in the south..especially..Costa Adeje/PDLA..so much evening entertainment..check out Veronicas..that is where most youngsters go..once you decide on an area..check it all out here on TA

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Thank you for your reply!

I have just replied to another comment below which I think also answers your comment.

Thank you for your advice!!

Reading, United...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Thank you so much for your advice!

I will definitely look into a self catering option or half board etc.

I will have a look at Veronicas now.

Romford, Essex
Level Contributor
153 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?

Hiya! Yes Playa Las Americas area will suit you perfectly. The area around the Safari Centre is also nice! (I think its nickmaned the Golden Mile ). But staying in Costa Adeje or Los Cristianos is also an option as you can walk into Las Americas from both of these and gives you more options on hotels.

Another resort you may like is Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote. Maybe not as lively as Las Americas but loads of bars and resturants in both the old town and new, and it has a better beach. Again just gives you more options! Have fun!

Reply to: HELP! Where to stay in Spain for fun couple in mid 20's?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted