We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Hi all,

researching holiday destinations for 2017, I know its very early but unfortunetly we wont have 2 weeks in the sun this year but its the only thing keeping me going while I dream of lazy days in the sun, people watching, nice food and cold drinks.

Anyway, we love Puerto Del Carmen in Lanzarote for its long promenade, lovely beaches, great food and drink and nightlife.

We arent ones for sitting by the pool all day we spend the days walking around the town, in and out of the shops, drink here or there, then out for a nice meal and good bar for some music etc.

PDC is good for a week and we usually go here Nov / Dec for a week.

Went to Playa De Las Americas last 2 years and like that but want somewhere different next year.

I did have my heart set on try Torremolinos but the more I think about it I am unsure as its mainly all high rise hotels with AI we prefer a self catering amount as we spend so little time in the hotel.

Also thinking of Majorca but struggling to decide on a resort.

We are a couple male (41) and female (32).

Looking for recommendations and anyone who loves PDC but where else do they go which is similiar.

Thanks in advance.

Bawburgh
Level Contributor
491 posts
245 reviews
1. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Grand canaria maspalomas nice

Herts
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

We love PDC.. And would really recommend Puerto Pollensa in Majorca.. Lovely long promenade, restaurants one side and lovely beach the other.. Not as much nightlife though but not too quiet.

Limerick
Level Contributor
225 posts
31 reviews
3. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Have you considered Portugal some place like Albufeira?

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,569 posts
29 reviews
4. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Majorca in Nov/Dec would be a real risk with weather or are you thinking of a different time of the year

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
5. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Will be our main summer holiday, late August / Early September.

I had nearly made a decision on the La Carihuela are of Torremolinos, found a really lovely private rental bit still unsure, as I am not too keen on the high rise buildings, really are spoilt with Lanzarote and I just love it so much its always a comparison for wherever we go.

I have looked at Puerto Pollensa but it has been mentioned on the forum that nightlife is quiet but the Lovely long promenade, restaurants one side and lovely beach the other.. is exactly what we want.

Plus the accomadation really is such a good price in Lanzarote for what you get.

We always go to Lanzarote in Nov/Dec.... only 120 days til we are back there not that I am counting lol

Dublin Ireland
Level Contributor
739 posts
12 reviews
6. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Have been to Maspalomas many years ago think might be quiet for us for 2 weeks.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,569 posts
29 reviews
7. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Yes Puerto Pollensa is what you say it is and is family orientated, nearest to PdC would be Palma Nova which is ok provided you stay in it but next to Magaluf and you could in theory get youngsters staying in Palma Nova but is generally ok. I wouldn't recommend going into Magaluf late at night as it can be a dangerous place for anybody worse for drink as gangs of so called prostitutes pick on people and mug them especially if they are on their own

Edited: 29 July 2016, 21:34
Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
65 reviews
8. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

I've been to Torremolinos many times. It's nice but I wouldn't spend longer than 4-5 days there anymore. Week max. Despite the high rises it's lovely, they have beach walks that go from the beginning of Torremolinos all along past La Carihuela, up to Montemar, and beyond to Benalmadena. Shopping is fab there.

There are plenty places that aren't AI. Lots of private rentals too.

Wirral
Level Contributor
2,411 posts
137 reviews
9. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Salou is a lovely resort, with a lovely long promenade and fab beach, plenty of bars and restaurants (not as many as PDC though) but nevertheless a great holiday destination.

Cork, Ireland
Level Contributor
1,673 posts
65 reviews
10. Re: Where is like Lanzarote... if thats even possible....

Meant to say, I really loved Albufeira and the vibe in the old town. Went here in August 2007 and 2014. Unfortunately the steep hills/lack of taxis were a real problem for me, so I wouldn't be running back there.

Get answers to your questions about Puerto Del Carmen
More Puerto Del Carmen Topics