We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we include in itinerary ?

Victoria
Level Contributor
101 posts
21 reviews
Should we include in itinerary ?

We wanted to visit the war cemetery etc as part of our itinerary. We are travelling from Cairo to Alexandria one day to see catacombs and other sites and then the next day see the Roman Ampitheatre and Library / Museum and then onto El Alamein, however as we have to get back to Cairo to catch a train to Nile Cruise this will really restrict our time. The alternative is to go the day before and return back to Cairo for the night. Just not sure if it is really worth going out of our way ??? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

We are actually visiting Gallipoli in Turkey a couple of weeks before this.

Level Contributor
12 posts
26 reviews
1. Re: Should we include in itinerary ?

I don't know if you visited El-Alamein or not yet but ya the place is great and the architecture there is nice, you can find there old and huge cemeteries from 2nd world war and also there the war museum .. but you should decide if it deserves or not because the road will take hour and half approx from Alexandria and also i think you will take just 2 hours there to cover the whole place..

Anyway .. happy travel :)

london
Destination Expert
for Nile River Valley
Level Contributor
13,427 posts
279 reviews
2. Re: Should we include in itinerary ?

It really depends entirely on whether your main interest is war cemeteries or other things - everyone is different. Presumably it's worth it if you have a relative there..

I suspect FWIW that El Alamein gets very few visitors indeed at the moment.

3. Re: Should we include in itinerary ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2017, 22:15
Get answers to your questions about El Alamein