We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rose Hall Dining

San Diego...
Level Contributor
22 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Rose Hall Dining

Hi,

I'm thinking about booking the Rose Hall Resort over a weekend in January (5 days). I'm not sure whether it's worth it to pay extra for the all-inclusive. Are there any grocery stores or restaurants near the resort? Or is it fairly remote?

Thanks!!

Jesse

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
243 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Rose Hall Dining

Jesse

Go the AI, as food is expensive but good. The resort is isolated so a cab is needed to go to any outside restaurant or to shop. Below is a link to my trip report hope this helps.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147309-i69-k21968…

Brewbob

New Jersey
Level Contributor
58 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Rose Hall Dining

AI is definitely the best option. Food is very expensive in Jamaica.

Mentioned in this post
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Glen Mills, PA
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
Level Contributor
5,959 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Rose Hall Dining

Go with the AI. Its a no-brainer.

DC
10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Rose Hall Dining

Does anyone know if its worth it to go with the more exclusive, upgraded all inclusive at the Rose Hall Resort? Although still not sure if we will go to Rose Hall or Breezes, just want to consider all options and know about all costs before making final decision. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
near Chicago...
Level Contributor
335 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Rose Hall Dining

The regular all-inclusive at Rose Hall Resort is great. We'll be there for the 3rd time in January, when are you going?

From what I recall, the only extras you get with the higher priced all-inclusive is special steaks, lobster, premium liquor, room service and bottled water.

We've never paid extra for this and we were quite satisfied with both the drinks and the food. The water is safe in Jamaica so you don't need to get bottled like you do in Mexico.

Wiz

Mentioned in this post
Rose Hall
Rose Hall
Jamaica
Jamaica
Jamaica
Caribbean
Mexico
Mexico
North America
near Chicago...
Level Contributor
335 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Rose Hall Dining

By the way, we'll be there Jan 10-17 2009. :-)

7. Re: Rose Hall Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 October 2009, 08:16