We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Argassi

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Argassi

I have just booked a Jet 2 holiday to Argassi relying mostly on their description of the area. Having since looked on Google maps and YouTube, it doesn't look particularly inviting, I'm considering losing the deposit and booking instead with Tui, and going to Kalamaki or Alykes.

I'd appreciate some advice, I've never visited Zante.

9 replies to this topic
Lancashire, United...
Level Contributor
144 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Argassi

I think you will fall in love with Argassi,I did.

I go twice a year in May and September,and have done for several years.I love the restaurants and bars.the friendliness of the locals and the fact that it is close by to Zante Town.Give it a try,I do not think you will be disappointed.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,295 posts
234 reviews
2. Re: Argassi

What are you looking for from a holiday? Knowing a little of what you like to see, do and whether you want a lively or quiet resort will help others respond to your question with useful advice/comments.

Kalamaki is flat and spread out with a beach in the marine park so quite natural as the turtles nest there. A great choice of restaurants and bars to suit most tastes. Argassi is more compact and again has a good choice of restaurants, bars etc and Zante town is around 30 minutes walk away.

We stay in Kalamaki but often visit Argassi and both have much to offer. Alykes we've only ever stopped for a coffee while driving around the island but if we wanted quieter then we would consider that.

Telford, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
46 reviews
3. Re: Argassi

No problems , argassi is not the prettiest resort , its older than the others , people are great , same brits return year after year . stick with it .

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
248 posts
5 reviews
4. Re: Argassi

+1 for all the above comments

We go most years for the last 10 years or so. Its a great place with lots of good restaurants & bars all in easy distance. We prefer the closeness of Argasi compared to the more spread out feel of most of the other resorts. The people there are some of the nicest & friendliest people you could hope to meet.. We've just booked (with Jet2) for next year again.

Argasi is the closest resort to Zante Town & also to the best beaches on the island at Vasilikos. The beach isn't the best but there's a nice area by the Kamara Beach hotel that doesn't get mentioned much by many visitors ( they don't always know it's there). Argasi is also the oldest resort on the island but has had some new places built over the last few years while we've been going.

As others have said, it all depends on what you want from your holiday, we all have our favourite resort & hotels etc. Which hotel have you booked?

P.S. If you want more info & you're on facebook have a look at "ZANTE ARGASSI LOVERS" group.You'LL find lots there

Edited: 24 October 2018, 23:23
Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
5. Re: Argassi

Thank you for your response. Ive booked The Papillon - it seemed the best option with Jet2.

Morpeth, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
6. Re: Argassi

Been to both argassi & kalamaki several times. Both as good as each other for bars & restaurants but Argassi is more compact. Beach is better in kalamaki but you won't be disappointed with Argassi. Hope this helps

Milton Keynes...
Destination Expert
for Argassi
Level Contributor
5,558 posts
77 reviews
7. Re: Argassi

Ive also booked Papillon with jet 2 for next june.Recently refurbed and perfect location for beach and bars and restaurants.Cant really add to above comments except its only twenty minutes drive to the best beaches on the island at Vasilikos.Enjoy Argassi as many others do year after year as returnees.

Worcestershire...
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
8. Re: Argassi

Thank you to all for your responses. Since becoming a Solo Traveller I tend to vet destinations more thoroughly, Argassi sounds friendly and interesting.

Dianne

Level Contributor
23 posts
41 reviews
9. Re: Argassi

Hi . We have been going to argassi for 22 yrs . We love it there . Its quieter than laganas and tsilivi but that is what we love it for . Great bars and restaurants. We are back in august at semes . Cant wait . Treat yourself you will not regret it

.Cheers

Reply to: Argassi
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Argassi
Recent Conversations