We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of food

Which Los Cristianos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
cost of food

What is the average price for an evening meal ?

Thanks, soph

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of food

Many restaurants offer 3 course meals from as little as 8.99 , you can eat as cheap or expensive as you like :) One of our favourites is the Olive Garden along the walkway near the mini-golf on the sea front . Amazing food, plenty of it and very reasonable . You will be spoilt for choice .

Regards Deedee

Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of food

Okay thanks also what about things like water, fresh bread etc?

Sophie

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of food

Hi, although we stay in Puerto de la Cruz, I expect the supermarkets to be priced about the same.

Last week we were buying a 'French' stick from 0,35€, packs of sliced cheese or meat from 1€. Lager lemonade etc from 0,35€. Cola, (own brand 0,35€). 5L water 1,55€. Wine, 1L carton from 1€, a nice bottle from 2€.

We find that so long as you avoid UK brands, supermarket shopping is cheaper than in the UK. We take Nescafé and high factor sun cream with us.

Eating out is also cheap. Eat all you like Chinese Buffet from 5,95€, Menu Del Dia, (menu of the day) 3 courses including drink, from 7,50€. Chips with ham and cheese from 2€, enough for 2.

If you have small children, order on meal and 2 plates.

If you are on a tight budget, Tenerife is very good value. And don't forget the sun comes free.

tipperary
Level Contributor
1,207 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of food

Great advice from Rickibear , I found that if I bought local brands of soft drinks, alcohol , and food the shopping bill was way cheaper than here at home :) You would have a few bags full of stuff and only spent around 20 to 25 euros !

Regards Deedee

Bristol, United...
Destination Expert
for Puerto de la Cruz, Weston-super-Mare, Tenerife
Level Contributor
3,816 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of food

Thanks Deedee, even the bags for life are better, a brought a couple home with me.

I should have suggested buy bread and use the same day, it goes state very quickly. The same with fruit and veg. Look out for the large trays of fresh strawberries, great for taking to the beach.

essex
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
1,092 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of food

In Los Cristianos,we have found Hiper Dino and Hyper Tribol about the best places to shop for food and drink,only buy water from small local shops,may be dearer,but saves carrying it. As already mentioned OLIVE GARDEN best value eat in food,look at reviews here on TA and you will see why,but you will be spoilt for choice,there are hundreds of restaurants in and around LC and 98% are good.YOU VILL ENJOY YOURSELF

cleethorpes
Level Contributor
11,465 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of food

Blimey BB ......now fluent in German ! LOL....

Thats 3 for the Olive Garden ....however if your close to the border of PDLA and Los Cris i would highly recommend shopping at Mercadonnas supermarket .Let us know where your staying (hotel /apartment ) i am sure members can guide you to the nearest best supermarket ....

Now i have heard of tight but taking carrier bags home with you !! Come on RBear LOL

Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of food

Thanks all so much for your contributions.

Going with friends so trying to figure out a budget.

Soph

Ireland, UK
Level Contributor
2,438 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: cost of food

I brought them home too Ricky and I wish I had a pound for every time I'm asked where I got them from!

And Onleg I will be getting a few more to bring home next time.

I'm presuming you mean the ones from the Mercadonna ?

They are 60 cents and can be carried over your shoulder or by hand.

They are the only bags we use now that plastic bags in Northern Ireland are 5p each now.

Airdrie, United...
Level Contributor
143 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: cost of food

All good hints there Soph, you'll be spoilt for choice,

I'm another Mercadonna fan - and it's bags - there's 2 in the boot of my car!! Their own brand is HACENDADO and I would recommend it every time. Wine is great price and there's always special offers, I'm quite a wine snob really and don't start with the 75cent stuff but splash out on the 1 euro stuff and if I like it I stick with it and if I don't I move up. lol! Vina Sol is a popular white and Sangre Toro a nice red. Spirits are cheaper in Spanish Style

I buy the bread with no crusts on and it makes great toast and lasts well even in kitchen cupboard 'cos I hate bread out of the fridge

Happy hols

Get answers to your questions about Los Cristianos