We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How disabled friendly is Kardamena

leeds yorks
Level Contributor
219 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
How disabled friendly is Kardamena

Hi

We are thinking of booking to stay at cleopatra superior and was wondering how disabled friendly the hotel and getting about in resort is using a wheelchair.

Thanks Sharon

Olympia Mare
Olympia Mare
#1 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
Nissia Kamares Hotel Apartments
#2 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
Origin Hotel Apartments
Origin Hotel Apartments
#3 of 39 hotels in Kardamena
2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
2,633 posts
181 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How disabled friendly is Kardamena

I would say pretty good, there are ramps at the front of the hotel, to the pool area and onto the street, Kardamena is flat and as such easy to push a wheelchair around, the majority of the streets whilst not pedestrianized are so narrow cars don't use them.

The harbour front has a wise promenade you can walk along with dropped kerbs where required. Most bars have relaxed outside seating and as such you'd simply roll up the wheelchair in place of another chair.

It's very common to see wheelchair users and disabled buggies, and of all the resorts on Kos it is without a doubt the most suitable.

Mentioned in this post
Kardamena
Kardamena
Kos, Greece
Kos
Kos
Dodecanese, Greece
st ives
Level Contributor
12 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How disabled friendly is Kardamena

Cleopatra is fairly good for the disabled, there are two slopes at this hotel. The one at the front of the hotel is steep, I always use the one at the side by the swimming pool with a little help from the Mrs. The bottom floor rooms are more spacious and the staff at the Cleopatra superior will try and help with all your needs. kardamena is fairly flat and 80 per cent of restaurants are accessible, though I can't say the same for shops.

Mentioned in this post
Cleopatra Superior Hotel
Cleopatra Superior Hotel
474 Reviews
Kos, Greece
Reply to: How disabled friendly is Kardamena
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kardamena
Recent Conversations