We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help in Kalamaki

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
Help in Kalamaki

Hi

We are staying at the Dollas Apartments. We have just walked back from the east part of kalamki - not very safe. Is there a taxi rank anywhere? Any recommendations for authentic local food?

10 replies to this topic
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
525 posts
122 reviews
1. Re: Help in Kalamaki

I liked Zorbas. Lovely food, good service and near the beach. Option to eat in the garden or inside. Nice local red wine.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
231 reviews
2. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Any of the restaurants/bars you are in will happily call you a taxi. There is a rank in the middle by Buon Amici/Drunk corner and one much further down by the roundabout. This is how to contact radio taxis direct and they operate 24 hours a day and speak English. If I were staying at Dollas I would be using a taxi and its only 6 euros anywhere in the Kalamaki area.Landline: +30 26950 48400

What's Up: +30 6977 573020

Big choice of restaurants in Kalamaki we like Buon Amici, Dias and Paolos. The first Italian with some Mediterranean choices and the other two well established Greek restaurants. Have a great holiday.

Peterborough...
Level Contributor
2 posts
153 reviews
3. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Thanks, good to know. Telephone numbers good idea!

Edited: 22 August 2018, 15:50
Wirral
Level Contributor
172 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Help in Kalamaki

hi, last year debbie the owner used to order us a taxi and would be there in minutes. caz

Kendal, United...
Level Contributor
203 posts
147 reviews
5. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Are there parts to aviod in Kalamaki at night we go next week never been before,sounds worrying !!!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
247 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Help in Kalamaki

This is honestly the first time I've ever heard anyone express concerns over safety in Kalamaki in all the time I've been visiting Zakynthos & using Trip Advisor.

I'd be very interested to know why Dinky felt unsafe.

Staffs
Level Contributor
76 posts
66 reviews
7. Re: Help in Kalamaki

I think the OP is referring to road safety as there is not a path along that stretch of road.

Zakynthos, Greece
Destination Expert
for Zakynthos, Tsilivi, Kalamaki
Level Contributor
6,022 posts
7 reviews
8. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Yeah that's a long badly lit road up to Dollas with sharp corners and crazy drivers.

Southampton, United...
Destination Expert
for Southampton, Kalamaki, Zakynthos
Level Contributor
3,293 posts
231 reviews
9. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Agree that road up to Dollas is long, dark with fast traffic and erratic drivers. I would be concerned for my safety walking along there in the dark.

Edited: 02 September 2018, 17:24
Staines - England
Level Contributor
22 posts
8 reviews
10. Re: Help in Kalamaki

Nowhere safer! We've been going for 4 years & have never once experienced any issues.

Reply to: Help in Kalamaki
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kalamaki
Recent Conversations