We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

Florida
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

My husband and I will be in the white mountain area (staying in Lincoln) from 9/22-9/25. We have a 2 year old to keep entertained, so we were thinking about doing a train ride out of Conway. However, I was wondering if anyone know of any farms with hay rides and other activities, also farms where you can pick your own fruit. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated to do with a toddler. Thank you.

Antrim, New...
Level Contributor
2,004 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

I think that Storyland will still be open during September, but only on weekends, I believe. This is a great low keyed, Mother Goose/storybook themed amusement park, ideal for younger kids. This is in Glen, north of N. Conway. Also check out Santa's VIllage. I forget which town. Again, a low keyed smaller amusement park.

For hay rides, you might check with Franconia Inn.

September is apple season, and there should be plenty of orchards where you can pick fruit. some may have little family events, maybe even hay rides, on the weekend.

But you may find that, during September, a lot of the amusements are closed during the week. So, you may want to plan accordingly.

Lincoln, NH
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

I'll put in a vote for Santa's Village -- my favorite for kiddos of that age. The have rides geared for 2-year olds, the park is clean and you can even being your own picnic. I'm not so sure if little ones appreciate farming ;) but Windy Ridge Farm is great for apple picking. It is due west of Lincoln out Route 112 (you'll be able to Google it).

Google around for Artist's Bluff -- a very tiny hike that she'll be able to do with great views through Franconia Notch. The state park right near this outlook has a nice beach on the small lake. This is all near Cannon Mountain -- which also has a tram to the summit, another fun things to do.

Visit the Basin and Sabbaday Falls -- you'll find them too on Google, both are easily accessible for you and a little one.

Westerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,689 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

There is also the Hobo train ride out of Lincoln.

http://www.hoborr.com/hobo.html

4. Re: Looking for hay rides, farms, activities for toddler

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2014, 14:17