We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre book tours?

2 posts
2 reviews
Pre book tours?

Hi all,

My husband and I are going to Torri a week Friday. Would you advise booking tours in advance or on arrival?

It's hard to get a sense of the best companies having not been before and fair costs. We would like to arrnagr trips such as Verona/Florence and around the lake excursion (we don't plan to hire a car at this point). Any advice greatly appreciated.

Cheers,Carly

3 replies to this topic
Wakefield, United...
Destination Expert
for Lake Garda, Lake Garda, Nago
Level Contributor
7,147 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Pre book tours?

there really is one main company offering excursions, you will be able to book when you get there if you prefer.

www.europlan.it/en/61/category/excursions.php

You can easily do Verona on your own, it's a very easily walkable town, you can take a bus to Peschiera del Garda then train to Verona. Florence is very long journey from the lake.

Edinburgh, Scotland
Destination Expert
for Garda, Lake Garda
Level Contributor
9,070 posts
14 reviews
2. Re: Pre book tours?

Hi, I would suggest waiting until you get there before booking excursions. You could then check local weather forecasts - although having said that, the local forecasts are rarely accurate for more than 48 hours ahead!

I would recommend the Lake Trip, particularly from Torri as the passenger ferry service from there is not as frequent as from other towns. The tour will give you a chance to see some other towns around the lake. From Torri you can go on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays:

europlan.it/en/59/ourproposal/lake-trip.php

This is the current ferry timetable so you can see which places you can visit on your own:

navigazionelaghi.it/g_download/…202017.pdf

As Tepore said, you can get to Verona on your own. As well as the train option from Peschiera you can also take a bus from Garda to Verona:

Buses from Torri to Garda:

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/484.pdf

…verona.it/atv_www/orari_extraurb/pdf/483.pdf

From Garda to Verona there are three options, the 163, 164 and 185. The 164 takes longest as it goes via the airport:

…verona.it/atv_www/…GARDA-VR.pdf

Many years ago we did the day trip to Florence from Riva and it was a very long day. Given the amount of time we actually had in Florence compared with the overall travel time, I'd have to say I don't think it was worth it.

This recent thread may be of interest:

https:/…83727601

2 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Pre book tours?

Thanks so much to you both - especially for the timetables, looks like we'll take your advice on Verona - cheers! Lake trip sounds fab too.

And yes, Florence perhaps a little ambitious, really appreciate your tips.

Edited: 07 July 2017, 19:53
Reply to: Pre book tours?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Torri del Benaco