We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten Free availability in Restaurants within Caleta Playa

Bexleyheath, United...
3 posts
Save Topic
Gluten Free availability in Restaurants within Caleta Playa

Could anyone please advise me of restaurants within the area of Caleta Playa that offers a good choice of gluten free foods. We are staying at The Bungalows Castillo Playa.

This is the first time we have gone abroad since my very fussy 12 year old son was diagnosed with coeliac disease. We always go self catering and go out for meals in the evening, however the closer it is getting to our holiday, the more worried I am getting regarding him finding suitable food to eat.

I would be most grateful for any advise.

2 replies to this topic
Tamworth, United...
Level Contributor
110 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten Free availability in Restaurants within Caleta Playa

I ve just seen a gluten free menu at the sports lounge , if you search gluten free on here , I think you ll find there’s quite a few places

Derby, United...
Level Contributor
66 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten Free availability in Restaurants within Caleta Playa

My daughter (grown up) has coeliac. She’s not been caleta, but has no problems eating abroad. First holiday is scariest. Our first was Corfu. Took translation card, explaining coeliac, and had no problems. So try not to stress. I’m sure I’ve seen posts on this forum before as previous poster said try a search, I’m sure you’ll get lots of reassurances.

It’s hard following diagnosis, I remember it well, but daughter has travelled as afar afield as India, and not had any issues.

Actually she did come caleta with us last year, but we were all inclusive, and hotel were brilliant at labelling, and offering gf alternatives

Enjoy

Edited: 12 May 2018, 03:47
Reply to: Gluten Free availability in Restaurants within Caleta Playa
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted