We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dining recommendation

christchurch new...
Level Contributor
61 posts
33 reviews
Dining recommendation

We are 6 adults and a three year old looking for somewhere nice to celebrate a birthday on Saturday night. Any recommendations. Thought Teppanyaki but maybe too much to expect of a 3 year old. Would appreciate any ideas. Thank you

5 replies to this topic
Oz
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
1 review
1. Re: Dining recommendation

Hi,

Here is a link to a teppanyaki restaurant in Broadbeach. The restaurant opens onto Broadbeach mall which could be convenient if the little one needs to be taken for a little walk .

restaurantsnapshot.com/MurasakiTeppanyaki/

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
341 posts
323 reviews
2. Re: Dining recommendation

A nice restaurant to celebrate a birthday would be easy to answer if not for the 3 year old. Not knowing what the 3 year old eats makes it tricky for me to make suggestions.

That said, I'll assume that you'll want to eat early so maybe somewhere like The Cuban (good food & family friendly) or Mamasan (if you like Asian, the food here is amazing).

Other option would be Italian, such as Valentino's or George's (both good & next door to each other). I'm sure they'd have a children's menu.

Te Anau, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for South Island, Te Anau
Level Contributor
4,752 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: Dining recommendation

The Surf club is very good, and kid friendly.

There are some nice restaurants across the road, at Pacific Fair.

Down the road towards Surfers is Chiang Mai Thai. You could take the tram.

Or take the tram into Surfers. Pancakes in Paradise is good, and don't serve only pancakes.

We ate at Hogs Breath last week. Not high class, but we couldn't fault the food.

When dining with young ones we usually feed them first, at McDonalds or similar, and hope they keep quiet playing with toys we've brought with us

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
28,755 posts
66 reviews
4. Re: Dining recommendation

As Sally mentions, it may or may not be dictated by any dietary requirements for your three year old.

If there are no restrictions, I recommend you consider a cuisine that best meets your group. Teppan is rather limited in authenticity in Australia, and whilst there are a couple of reasonable restaurants, they are few and far between. If it’s purely for entertainment purposes, by all means. At the Gold Coast, Misono is probably the closest you’ll get to the real thing, in terms of quality and technique

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Business Travel, New South Wales
Level Contributor
31,417 posts
2,136 reviews
5. Re: Dining recommendation

There are a plethora of restaurants & cafes in Broadbeach. Sometimes its best just to stroll around the streets to see what restaurant looks the best that will suit your group. As mentioned the Broadbeach Surf Club is very child friendly . The Chinese restaurant Yum Cha in Pacific Fair may also suit you & I know its very family friendly. The other we really like is Mamasan which is also family friendly.

Reply to: Dining recommendation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Broadbeach