We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bacanora

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Topic
Bacanora

I'll be visiting the last week of June. Any idea if there is a local liquor store that sells Mezcal or Bacanora? Also, does anyone know what the limit I can bring back with me on a flight to the United States? Any information would be helpful.

8 replies to this topic
Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bacanora

Duty free...1 liter, but you can bring more, you would need to pay tax. As to what stores have those two items, I cannot say for sure, but the Mega and Beto's mini super have a wide selection. My experience is with Beto is that if he doesn't have it, he can probably order it for you and it will arrive within about 3 days. I'm going by Beto's today so I'll keep an eye out.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bacanora

Yes, please let me know if they have bacanora.

San Mateo...
Destination Expert
for Rincon de Guayabitos
Level Contributor
4,504 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bacanora

Bacanora is a mescal form the state of Sonora, Mostly found around Hermosillo liquor stores, I tried finding in Guaymas and could not...Racilla is the local mescal from the Puerto Vallarta area and close by mountain towns .

You would have to check with Texas liquor rules for how much you can bring in on a common carrier...

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bacanora

Beto has Mezcal, but not Bacanora, but he has an equivalent. He can probably order Bacanora for you, but you may have to pay in advance...he says "it's very expensive."

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Bacanora

How can I reach him so inquire if I could possibly order some and purchase in advance?

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Bacanora

I'm going by there today and I'll ask.

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
814 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Bacanora

DannyBoy...I sent you a PM with the information you wanted.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
5,616 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Bacanora

It depends on which state you go though immigration/customs. Federal regulations allow for 1 liter duty free but do not specify a limit on the amount of alcohol you may bring back for personal use however, state law might differ. That said, I've brought back 4-8 bottles of liquor on over a dozen trips, entering the US in Miami, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, and San Francisco and have never been asked to pay any duty at customs.

Reply to: Bacanora
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted