We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Conditioning

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Air Conditioning

Are any of the restaurants in Bucerias air conditioned? Thinking about a week stay in September. Thanks!

8 replies to this topic
Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Conditioning

There are a couple. Toscana Mia, Esquina 22 and El Brujo ( the one not on the beach) come to mind. Most others are open air. Some do have floor fans blowing too. September IMO is the worst month to visit. The humidity is a killer. Also some restaurants close during that time. I went once in September, never again.

Lincoln, NE
Level Contributor
69 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Conditioning

Thanks for the info on the restaurants, do you think any of these will be closed late September. We have been in PV in late June, is September wuch worse? Thanks

Edmonton, Canada
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Conditioning

Yes, I think September is worse for humidity than June. I don't really know about restaurant closings, but I do know, that even people that live there year round, usually try to leave for part of September.

B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,087 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Conditioning

Alberta Traveler is correct I'M HOME Sept and October are too rainy and Humid, especially if a big storm blows in. Hot and Humid..

June is hot but not as much rain,,maybe only in evening..

Edited: 07 May 2017, 09:24
B.C.Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Nayarit
Level Contributor
12,087 posts
128 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Conditioning

Grr. Auto correct.. IMHO.. In my honest opinion. Lol...

Dallas
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
793 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Conditioning

I agree with the above posts. If you could move your visit to October, you would have a much better experience. I have heard all this week that this or that restaurant will be closed in September. That would be a bummer to get down here and not be able to go to favorites. And yes, the humidity is killer.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,607 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Conditioning

I am going to be the "odd man out" in this. IMO, October is way worse then September. Living here year round, I've lived through all of the months and I personally think that October is the month with the highest humidity and heat. I believe the reason for this is because in September, we are still likely to get some rain to 'cool it down' a little, where as in October, the chances of rain is very slim.

As far as restaurant closings, it is hard to say exactly which weeks different places will be closed. However, there are still plenty of options to go to no matter which month you choose.

Have a great trip!

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias, Nuevo Vallarta, Guadalajara
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
117 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Conditioning

I totally agree, nayarit08

Reply to: Air Conditioning
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted