We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

mawley holiday park.

old bar
1 post
mawley holiday park.

Found this to be a great place to stay either in cabins or powered sites. The best amenities found on north island and best camp kitchen experienced anywhere. Very friendly staff also. Will definitely return on another ttip.

8 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
109 posts
114 reviews
1. Re: mawley holiday park.

Where about is this site? Are you the owner?!

Whakatane, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
88 reviews
2. Re: mawley holiday park.

I agree with kerryn .... this is the best Holiday Park I have been in the North Island. The facilities are modern, clean and staff and owners are great, I will definitely return. My partner and I do business trips around New Zealand 4 times a year and this is definitely one of our favourite overnighters .... maybe in the future will be able to stay longer. This is a definitely recommended star stopover place. grounds are very well kept, facilities best in Nth Island and that includes against the overrated Top 10 parks of which I have stayed in all of the Nth Island ones ..... what a waste space they are and always way overpriced.

Whakatane, New...
Level Contributor
2 posts
88 reviews
3. Re: mawley holiday park.

Here is the address: 5 Oxford Street, Masterton, New Zealand 5901 ---- one of the showcases of NZ Holiday Parks.

Masterton, New...
Level Contributor
1 post
32 reviews
4. Re: mawley holiday park.

http://www.mawleypark.co.nz/

Christchurch, New...
Level Contributor
8 posts
105 reviews
5. Re: mawley holiday park.

This is one of the cleanest and modern Holiday Parks in the Lower North Island well worth a stop if travelling on the East Coast SH2. A trip out to Castlepoint on the coast [about 1 hr one way] to see the lighthouse and spectacular beech is well worth it. This is a very popular area with lovals.

Edited: 09 June 2014, 10:52
New Zealand
Level Contributor
819 posts
101 reviews
6. Re: mawley holiday park.

Excited Tourist.

It certainly looks like advertising to me. Three first time posters rushing in to agree with the OP and one of them rubbishing the opposition which usually has a good name.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Destination Expert
for Dunedin
Level Contributor
2,827 posts
78 reviews
7. Re: mawley holiday park.

Two recommendations in six months is hardly "rushing in" - the third just posted a link. My own experience of the top10 parks is that they do tend to price at the top of the market and that there are often really good alternatives.

Auckland, New...
1 post
8. Re: mawley holiday park.

Thought I'd up-date this report, having stayed at Mawley Park a few weeks ago. Totally agree with the other posts. I was quite amazed at how well equipped my cabin was, the grounds are lovely, and it was so close to the centre of town. I stayed at 2 other holiday parks on this trip and also had an enforced night at a hotel due to roads being flooded. Mawley Park outclassed them all, including the (much more expensive!) hotel.

Reply to: mawley holiday park.
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Masterton
Recent Conversations