We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iberostar Malaga Playa

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Iberostar Malaga Playa

We ( me, wife and 3 kids (6,4,1)) thinking of staying at the Malaga Playa - so any info would be good.

What is the local area like? Obviously with 3 young kids we dont want to walk too far.... but are there any local restaurants/ bars/ supermarket ( as we'll need nappies etc) nearby?

What is the kids club like ? - does it run every day in July.

What is the all inclusive option like? - is the hotel restaurant ok - or is the food a bit samey (we're considering 10 nights)

A trip advisor reviewer suggested there are few english speaking guests - is that correct?

Any recommendation on a transfer company ( personal transfer for us only - to be met at airport, given a hand with luggage, car seats for kids - not a van!)

Any info gratefully received

Ta

Cameron

Torrox Costa Promenade
Gift & Speciality Shops
Black Frog Divers
Walking Tours, Water Sports, Kayaking & Canoeing, Scuba & Snorkeling
Deco Dive Torrox
Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling
Torrox Costa, Spain
Destination Expert
for Torrox
Level Contributor
6,366 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iberostar Malaga Playa

Living here I obviously don't have any experience of the hotel regarding food, room quality etc, but speaking to guests I meet they all speak well of it.

Previously the hotel was owned by the Riu company but was sold last year to Iberostar, which is a Spanish company so of course will attract more Spanish guests than other nationalities, I have met guests from UK, Ireland; Holland Germany etc so it is a mixed clientele.

The hotel has a large garden and pool area and is well maintained, walking past we here games and activities taking place, albeit for the older children and we hear announcements in English.

Leaving the hotel by the main entrance then turn right, within 200 yards is a large supermarket, Mercadona, the best in town , where you can purchase all your baby supplies.

The rear garden gate leads directly on to the promenade (paseo) and wide beach, hotel sun loungers are available for €5 per day, but either side are other areas where they are only €4. I have seen many people walking about with yellow beach towels so presume these are also available for hire.

Turning right along the paseo you will find more than 30 restaurants, cafes and bars for all tastes, including Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, Japanese, Greek, Brazilian, Dutch and English (but only a couple so the place is not awash with Full English breakfast type establishments). Lots of ice cream places for the kids too. There a 2 Indian restaurants also but these are not on the paseo. Going self-catering you are spoilt for choice where to eat out.

As for transfer companies, try this one, their website does state child seats available if booked beforehand....

transferpeople.com/transferpeople_prices.html

Edited: 29 June 2012, 01:59
Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
97 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iberostar Malaga Playa

Hi Pavoreal.

Many thanks for all that information. Its always good to get the local info.

Ta again

Cameron

3. Re: Iberostar Malaga Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 June 2013, 14:17
Get answers to your questions about Torrox