We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ski resort...need your advice!

Which Donovaly hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
ski resort...need your advice!

Could anyone please recommend a ski resort for us in Slovakia. We will be travelling in February mid term and will be flying into Krakov. Last year we went to Zakopane and loved it but would like to try somewhere new. Also we were told that skiing in slovakia would be cheaper.

Thanks in advance

Jodyr

7 replies to this topic
Liptovsky Mikulas...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

If you fly to Krakow nearest skiing resorts on Slovakian side(2 hours) is ZUBEREC(West Tatras) or ZDIAR(east or Belianske Tatras) area.

If you look for big Slovakian skiing resorts you need to drive another hour or two to JASNA, STRBSKE PLESO, STARY SMOKOVEC or TATRANSKA LOMNICA.

Big hotels, nightlife, higher prices but it might be your cup of tea etc.

If you look for calmer experience try Zuberec. There is very good skiing in Zverovka-Spalena and another 5 smaller skiing slopes within 5-15 min drive. And you can always drive 1 hour to Jasna that have about 40 kilometers of slopes(not Alps but the best that Slovakia can offer).

Zdiar is also beautiful but I do now it well enough to offer opinion.

If you'll need advice on accomodation in Zuberec just ask.

Ireland
Level Contributor
202 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

Thanks for that.

Jodyr

Liptovsky Mikulas...
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

You're welcome. A few web pages that can help you to decide:

www.jasna.sk/en/winter/

www.tatrawest.sk/index.php?page=2

www.parksnow.sk/donovaly-zima/en/index.php

www.vt.sk/en/winter/

www.strednica.sk/en

zima.skizabava.sk/index.php?lang=en

www.skipark.sk/en/?season=winter

Small selection, mix of smaller and bigger places for skiing. There are other resorts but you'll have to drive longer from the airport. Not pleasant if there's heavy snowfall. M

Zilina, Slovakia
Level Contributor
174 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

And another great opportunity - Rohace, Zuberec, Malino Brdo /Ruzomberok/, Jasna -Low Tatras - all these ski resorts have the connection to the all year outdooor thermal spa /hot springs/ - so after skiing you can enjoy swim in the open air swimmingpool in realy cold winter time - see - Meanderpark Oravice, Thermal park Besenova, Tatralandia Liptovsky Mikulas - you can buy combined tickets for both activities

Slovakia
Level Contributor
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

If you coming to Zuberec for skiing in Rohace- West Tatras, you can also visit the most beautifull castle in Slovakia- Orava Castle, Ice Cave in Dobsina or the unique Museum of Orava Village, where you will can see a lot about our slovak history and traditions.

From the Zuberec you can easy visit more ski-resorts, spa, attractions around.

I recommend ski-resort Kubinska Hola as well, it is 40 km far away from Zuberec.

If you will need any other information about Rohace, Zuberec or anything else, contact us.

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
7 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

I'm a bit late, but I must recommend Bachledova Dolina.

Details in Eng. on http://www.sunbachledova.sk/

I'm a good skier and I found great place for me last winter! And it is rather cheap: one day skipass costed only 14,50 €, much cheaper than in Poland.

So see you in Bachledowa in February!

Krakow, Poland
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: ski resort...need your advice!

The best option for you is going to Ski park Kubinska Hola. Its just 150 km from Krakow, Google it, you will see how beautiful it is.

Price is about 23euros /day

have fun

Reply to: ski resort...need your advice!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Donovaly