We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hiking in Busteni

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
Hiking in Busteni
Save

Hello experts!

I am planning to do a one-day hike in Busteni in September: Take the cable car up from Busteni to Cabana Babele then hike to Cabana Caraiman then to the giant WWI memorial cross then take the trail towards Omu until reaching Cabana Omu. After that, decent back to Cabana Babele and take the cable car down to Busteni.

1. May I know if this route can be done in one day given that I start the hiking in the early morning?

2. Is this route difficult?

3. Is the view nice along this route? any other recommended one-day route?

Many thanks in advance!

6 replies to this topic
Iasi, Romania
Level Contributor
56 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Hello,

Hiking in Bucegi in September is perfect, not too hot not too cold so follow the plan from Babele follow the red cross mark to wWI Monument then yellow stripe to Omu shalet (highest peak 2505m /8217ft).

Easy to be done in one day.

Other option is to hike all the way from Busteni to Babele or Caraiman chalet over night (I recomsnd the last one) then do as mentioned above.Is not hard hike just need to have some moderate physical activity and of course more then one day.

Enjoy visit Romania

David

Timisoara, Romania
Level Contributor
260 posts
1 review
2. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Hi,

I'm no "expert", so it's just my opinion. This route can be done in one day, no problem. Keep in mind that the last cable-car descends around 4p.m(check if it's summer or winter schedule). There is an alternative which many people take, to descend on foot to Busteni(trail is called "Jepii"), but it's not an easy one.

The hard part in your route is from Cabana Caraiman to the Cross. There is an alternative route from Cabana Babele to the Cross, which is easy. The view is spectacular when you can see the valley, but there are stretches of trail that are less interesting, with no view. Best view is from the Cross, obviously. Before you reach the Cross, there will be a nice view of Cabana Caraiman down in the creek, against a huge wall, so don't forget to look back.

Hong Kong, China
Level Contributor
15 posts
3. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Many thanks for the advice !!

And may I know if there is any short hiking routes recommended in Sinaia? I am planning to visit the castles and do a short hike in one day. :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
2,752 posts
234 reviews
314 helpful votes
4. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Emily - you have a few short hike options in Sinaia if you don't go up to Cota 2000. I like to go past Peleș on route 134 to the stairs going up to Stâncile Franz Josef (Google maps will show the turn off on your right). There are some lovely views of Sinaia and Bușteni from Stâncile Franz Josef. From there I follow the road as it wraps around the mountain then climbs up to Schitul Sfânta Ana monastery through some hairpin turns. From there the road continues on to Cota 1400 where you can take the cable car down to Sinaia or hike down on the red line trail. If you hike it all - you can do it in about 3 hours or less. To be honest- I always stop and admire the views along the way so my timing may be a little off. You can also cut this hike down if needed. This can easily be combined with a visit to the castle.

NIGERIA
Level Contributor
2 posts
24 reviews
9 helpful votes
5. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Hi,

I plan to follow the trail. Please share your experience.

Bucharest, Romania
1 post
6. Re: Hiking in Busteni
Save

Please use Wikiloc, you have gps track for everything just search and also Maps.me has even the unmarked tracks .

Edited: 2 years ago
Reply to: Hiking in Busteni
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Busteni
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Australia. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.