We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sandos Papagayo Resort

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
665 posts
12 reviews
Sandos Papagayo Resort

Hi all, just wondering if it’s worth upgrading to Royal Elite at the above hotel?

Also we are looking at booking for January, never been to Lanzarote before, am I right in thinking Playa Blanca tends to be a little warmer than the other resorts?

Thank you

7 replies to this topic
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

I have been to the Sandos 3 times and I am returning in a couple of weeks. We have always stayed on the standard basis and been very happy. Whether the upgrade to Royal Elite is worth the extra £££s is subjective. It depends if the extras are important to you. I would consider it if the price was right but for approx £400 or £500 per couple on a two week break, I would probably upgrade my choice of hotel and go elsewhere.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
665 posts
12 reviews
2. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

Thank you, yes it is a lot, only thing that appeals to me is the extra restaurant facilities.

Cheltenham, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

We are here now with standard package.. People have said the food is exactly the same in RE as in standard restaurant and we have seen RE people eating with us as they have said there is more choice.

Yes it gets busy at certain times. We have never had a problem finding a table, but it is a pleasant area. Not at all like a canteen as some have said. Difference is separate restaurant for Breakfast and Evening meal. Lunch is served in standard restaurants.

There is only one Bar serving drinks in the evening and yes that does limit venues for drinks, but the cost of upgrading for the benefit of a separate lounge area is substantial. It depends on your priorities. It’s a nice hotel. Lovely location and to be honest the Marina is a short walk away it is possible to go to one the many bars there for a drink pre or post dinner at a fraction of the cost of upgrading.

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
665 posts
12 reviews
4. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

Thank you so much, is the food of a good standard?

3 posts
5. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

We stayed and did 'RE, but when we booked we got a deal and only paid about £100 for two of us at that price or even a little bit more, worth doing but def not at the prices quoted by posters on this thread.

Edited: 15 September 2018, 17:52
Devon
Level Contributor
4 posts
8 reviews
6. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

We have stayed her 6 times on standard, food is the same as standard in RE, we have always found it very nice and lots of choice. There is usually at least 3 bars open in the evening, The Green Room which is adults only, The Canarian Bar with its outside terrace and t the Plaza Bar where there is usually live music. The Theatre Bar is open if there is a show going on.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
84 reviews
7. Re: Sandos Papagayo Resort

The Green Bar is closed and has been for months. We returned last week and the only choices for a pleasant evening drink was the Canary Bar terrace. Inside the Canary Bar, the seating is diabolical.

The chill out terrace bar was still open at night but the seats are plastic. The theatre bar was open when the entertainment was on but there are no tables and the drinks are served in plastic.

Presumably the Plaza Bar will have to open soon as the evenings get cooler. It wasn’t open last week.

Edited: 15 October 2018, 18:08
Reply to: Sandos Papagayo Resort
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca