We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paradise island or pdc

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Paradise island or pdc

Due to canceling a holiday and fighting with the company to get money back got half my money back of them (won't name and shame them ) but in voucher so have to book with them only got few choices cause don't want to give them money on top so never been to pb and is paradise island away from everything or go pdc

10 replies to this topic
Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Paradise island is about a 10 - 15 mins walk from Dorada beach. All the apartments have been updated recently.

Level Contributor
225 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Paradise island or pdc

PB has a good interior bus service No 30 and there is a stop very near the hotel. The stop is Virginia Park.

https://arrecifebus.com/index.php…

There is a taxi rank nearby as well. They are not expensive a few euro into the main part of the town.

Hope you enjoy PB if you decide to stay there.

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,485 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Paradise Island is too far our for my comfort. I think Sparkybill means Flamingo Beach for 15 mins but you can read reviews of people catching taxis into town

Aylesbury
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
14,485 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Virginia Park stop the bus then goes to Faro Park (opp direction to town) and stops for a few minutes before heading to Town which can be a nuisance and perhaps why people pick a taxi

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
40,882 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Paradise Island is a good 30/35 min walk to Playa Dorada beach. It's 15+ to Playa Flamingo. It's also about 300m up quite a steel incline if that is of any consequence.

Yorkshire Dales...
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
100 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Sorry got my islands mixed up. Was thinking about Tropical Island

Level Contributor
162 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Paradise island or pdc

You need to decide between resorts first. Playa Blanca and PDC are very different. PB is a relaxed, laid back resort spread over a 6km coastal path. More suited to leisurely coastal walks, fantastic evening meals and à few drinks. Nightlife is limited and that's exactly why we like it more than PDC. Choose the resort to suit your needs, then consider hotels/apartments.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Thanks for all feed back my clubbing days are behind me now lol so leaning towards pb

Level Contributor
555 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Paradise island or pdc

I went to paradise island in November 4 years ago. It is a nice hotel. Bit far out but if you likd walking its not that far out that you wont get to civilation. We went to a few bars and cafes during the day. But there is also a taxi rank right outside the hotel.

Birmingham, United...
Level Contributor
213 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Paradise island or pdc

Thanks again folks for feed back made my choice easier thank you

Reply to: Paradise island or pdc
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Playa Blanca