We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Optima Villa - welcome pack?

Sheffield
Level Contributor
484 posts
36 reviews
Optima Villa - welcome pack?

Hi

We'll be coming out next week and have booked a villa with Optima... does anyone know what they include in their welcome pack?

We'll be arriving around 7pm so we're just trying to work out if we'll have enough to put a meal for 5 people together for the first night or if we'll have to drop the kids off at the villa and then 2 of us head down the Superdino before it shuts?

We're staying behind the Jardine Del Sol so Superdino will only be 5 mins away in the car.

Thanks!

9 replies to this topic
Lanzarote, Spain
Level Contributor
332 posts
96 reviews
1. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

HI message Optima direct you can then ask what they supply (:

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,360 posts
62 reviews
2. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

I hired from Optima last year. I broke my own rule of never using an agent :( I can't remember what was in the welcome pack exactly but it was very basic e.g. biscuits, water, wine, a few tea bags, milk, etc. Certainly nothing you could have made a meal for 1 out of, let alone 5!

Level Contributor
234 posts
3. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

If we arrive that late, we don’t bother shopping as too much agg and could be midnight before you eat.

We would drive to Faro Park shops, the small supermarket nearest to bus stop opens late, grab a few basics to tide us over (depends on what you get in your pack, or bring with you / buy in airport), then grab a takeaway pizza from Dal Travisano (yummy pizzas), they cost approx 8€.

Worry about the big shop the following day!

Lancashire, England
Level Contributor
1,090 posts
41 reviews
4. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

When we arrive late we usually drop our things at our villa then head down to Lanis snack bar (not the restaurant) at the Marina Rubicon. We find it's a great setting, and they do good, simple food and at a relatively cheap price - great, I would have thought, for kids - and it gets your holiday off to a relaxing start (especially having been cooped up in airports and planes for several hours). We always do our food shop the next day.

As to Optima's welcome pack, it's simply that (and doesn't pretend to be anything more) ... a few essentials to get you started.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
484 posts
36 reviews
5. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

Thanks guys

I'm reluctant to go out to eat as my friends son has autism so after a stressful day I'm not sure he'd cope well with having to sit down for a meal.

I did contact Optima and the welcome pack has water, tea, coffee, sugar, biscuits, milk, cereal, crisps and a pizza... so I think we're going to drop off my friend at the villa with the kids and the bags and then head to the shop for something to bang in the oven...and some beers of course!

Edited: 15 May 2018, 23:32
St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
4,160 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

We would go shopping - be surprised if the supermarket closes before 9. What you haven't said (I think) is arrival day, and using an agency might suggest Saturday-Saturday, in which case your trolley needs to take care of Sunday too (normally).

Lancashire, United...
Destination Expert
for Playa Blanca
Level Contributor
41,360 posts
62 reviews
7. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

Using an agent doesn't suggest Saturday to Saturday, and the supermarkets are open on Sunday anyway. The Superdino will be open until 21.30, or the Hiperdino Express on the corner opposite the taxi rank will be open until 23.00.

London, United...
Level Contributor
297 posts
22 reviews
8. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

You could have a shop done for you, try this company

www.easyhire365.com/food-shop-lanzarote/

Sheffield
Level Contributor
484 posts
36 reviews
9. Re: Optima Villa - welcome pack?

Hi, we're arriving on a Wednesday... Optima are flexible with their dates, and I think Villa Plus are also mid-week to mid-week?

We had a food shop done on a previous visit and it was an 'afternoon' delivery slot which was fine as we were arriving in the morning, but this time with it being later in the evening and having extra people in tow we don't want to be rushing to get anywhere.

I think we are just going to nip to the shops for something quick and then do a big shop in the morning after we're all rested and refreshed!

Only 7 sleeps to go!

Reply to: Optima Villa - welcome pack?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted