We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

acitrezza acireale acicastello

malta
Level Contributor
103 posts
acitrezza acireale acicastello

We are two families with children who intend to have lunch in acitrezza / acireale and would like to spend a day trip in the surrounds in beginning june 2016. Is this area buzzling and attractive in early June. Do you have any other suggestions where to go - I just saw Centuripe as a small stop - is this place worth it and are there any similar places to see nearby please?. We have already been to Taormina, Randazzo, Noto, Ragusa, Ragusa Ibla and Modica several times.

please advise

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
164 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

I was in each of those towns a few weeks ago. I can highly recommend a walk from Acitrezza to Acicastello and lunch at one of the seaside eateries. However, those towns were fairly quiet and probably will still be in early June. I had the most wonderful seafood and fresh tuna meal at Ristorante Il Moro Di Trezza.

Acireale is a beautiful baroque town but if you've been to Noto, Modica and Ragusa Ibla there may not be anything there new for you. What you choose instead might depend on the age of the children and family interests.

Edited: 23 May 2016, 20:12
malta
Level Contributor
103 posts
2. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

tks

shall walk around sea promenade and around Acireale piazza as well

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
2 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

Yes, both Acireale and Acitrezza are active in early June as we just returned from there. I had lunch in a little terraced restaurant in Acitrezza (sorry - can't remember the name), but the food was really tasty, though it didn't have a great view of the water. We ate there on a Sunday afternoon and the place was already filled with lots of people walking along the water. As for Acireale, we loved the place so much we bought a little apartment there a year ago. There are a ton of good restaurants - Aci Vecchio - near the Cathedral is a busy, family place - had delicious pesto pasta, grilled tuna, wine, etc. (and honestly, the best "French fries" I've ever eaten in my life). Acireale has friendly people, lots of quaint, family-run shops, terraced cafes, street festivals & outdoor music. Go to Cipriani's across from St. Sebastiano for a delicious variety of granitas and coffee. Acireale is not touristy and has a beautiful city park with lovely views of the water, though it's not a beach town - it's elevated high above the rocky coast. Acitrezza, on the other hand, has a boardwalk adjacent and at the same level as the coast, and seems to be a very lively place where many people seem to go, especially on weekends. Hope this helps!

new york city
Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
4. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

I have read your response and believe we may really like Acireale in which to base our last 4 days in Sicily. We loved the Baroque towns of the interior and would probably love Acireale especially if it has the same small town vibe as those towns did: not too touristy but beautiful in and of itself. We would like to explore the area around Etna and see a bit of Catania,.. If you have suggestions about places to eat and/or stay, some 'not to miss' things to do, and any interesting 'odd' foods or sights in the area that also would be greatly appreciated.

malta
Level Contributor
103 posts
5. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

you can also go to Randazzo, Bronte, Gola dell Alcantare, Taormina, Giardini Naxos, Castelmola ( wondeful view) , Castelvecchio Siculo, Castiglione di Sicilia as well as seeing Acireale, Acitrezza and the famous Ciclopi by the sea

these are all surrounding small towns around etna

there are many good fish restaurants in Acireale / Acitrezza - I would suggest La Polena - very well priced and good fish restauarant.

new york city
Level Contributor
140 posts
91 reviews
6. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

Thank you for the suggestions.

7. Re: acitrezza acireale acicastello

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2017, 08:15
Get answers to your questions about Acireale
Recent Conversations