We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Is it possible to rent a car from Zagreb airport to Novajia and to the vehicle it in Novajia?

9 replies to this topic
Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
170 reviews
1. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

I think it is possible. For the right price, they will pick it up from Novalja.

We hired a car from Zagreb to just drive to Biograd several years ago. They picked it up the next morning from our accommodation.

Sorry cannot help with the cost of that as I didn't organise it.

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
2. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

You remember the company? It's in Zagreb airport? I should order now? Or when I get there?

Sydney
Destination Expert
for Croatia
Level Contributor
17,783 posts
170 reviews
3. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Sorry but not sure which company we used as I didn't organise it. I think it was either Sixth or Oryx.

You need to pick a company that has an office in Zadar as well. They would be picking up the car.

I would pre book in this case regardless of when you are going. Make sure you know all the costs even before you book. In this case, it is best to book directly with the company.

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
4. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Thank you, appricate it.

It is better to look for car rental in the city of zagreb or at the airport?

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
24 reviews
5. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Daniel from Israel...the rent a car companies in Zagreb city or the airport are the same ones, Zagreb airport is a brand new building and about 10 rental companies are there. Unfortunately your questions are quite frankly pointless..It's like asking if you should purchase your Tel Aviv plane ticket one hour before wanting to fly from Ben Gurion airport..of course you would not do this because the ticket would be thousands of dollars vs the 300 -500 you probably paid when you booked your plane ticket months ago..So fast forward to now, do you honestly want to land in Zagreb and visit each of the 10 rental car counters looking for a deal in July or August, or hop in a taxi or shuttle bus with the address of 25 downtown small-medium and large rental car companies looking for a great price..cmon I think your not seriously considering that.. If you are..well you still will be looking for a deal in Zagreb when your return flight to Israel will be departing!!

So now for logical advice from me who leads tourist groups to Croatia for the 10th year now..land in Zagreb..take the large express bus that goes every hour to downtown bus terminal..cost is equal to 7 dollars!! Once at the central bus terminal grab a bus to Zadar cost about 25-39 dollars..and not knowing your schedule..stay in Zadar a day or 2..go to the island your final destination with bus, rental car that you can get in Zadar..or a ton of agencies who will drive you there..When your going back hoom same thing in revers,,bus and bus....or depending on your time say your here for a week or two..you have the time to visit one or two local car rental firms or travel agencies and reserve a car from Zadar to drive to Zagreb and leave it at Zagreb airport..If there is 2 of you traveling,,bus is cheaper..if you find 2 friends and become 4 people going Zadar to Zagreb then cost and convenience would definitely be to rent and the drive is maximum 3 hours door to door..Sorry if I sounded a bit harsh, but your asking things that may make sense in November or February here not July and August..enjoy your trip!!

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
6. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Hi Peter,

We are 4 persons and we travel to festival in Novajia we land in the morning and the festival start afternoon. We don't have time to spend in Zadar. What do you recommend us to do? Rent a car it's not the best choice?

Thanks.

Zalakaros, Hungary
Level Contributor
1,486 posts
24 reviews
7. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

I am checking with a small company who mdoes airport transfers with 9 passenger van, so best solution is a one way drive from Zagreb airport to Novalija...should have it in the morning!! What date do you land?

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
8. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Sounds great.

We land in 20.8.

Thank you.

Tel Aviv, Israel
9 posts
1 review
9. Re: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia

Hey Peter you have an answer about the transfer?

Reply to: Rent a car from Zagreb to Novajia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Island of Pag