We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
Mosquitos

Staying in Lassi next week and wondered if there is a problem with mosquitos yet as they love me!

25 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
5,277 posts
33 reviews
1. Re: Mosquitos

Hi, only been in June & Aug/Sept & never had a major prob, use citronella candles when havin bbq’s(all the supermarkets have them)

Cannington, United...
Level Contributor
34 posts
36 reviews
2. Re: Mosquitos

Boots Tropical Strength products are really good as I'm also a mosquitos idea of a great meal out !

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Destination Expert
for Cephalonia
Level Contributor
1,059 posts
27 reviews
3. Re: Mosquitos

My wife started not using perfume on holiday and spraying with Jungle Juice 3 years ago, since then very few problems. We also have a plug in repelant in the room.

North Devon, UK
Level Contributor
75 posts
48 reviews
4. Re: Mosquitos

Re Mosquitos,

I learnt a tip off TA several years ago and have never had a problem since with mosquitos, try Avon Skin so Soft it's a dry spray which you just spray on to your body, no need to rub in and it smells nice too, very effective believe me, I have just got some more for my trip to Kefalonia at the end of May from Amazon, whether or not the mozzies are about it's a great spray for putting the oils back into your skin after being in the sun.

Enjoy your holiday.

Level Contributor
8 posts
33 reviews
5. Re: Mosquitos

Hi we use Avon skin so soft which is excellent the only time I get bitten now is if I forget to put it on

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
81 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: Mosquitos

Hi all,

In reply to all previous replys,

Speaking as a traditional walking buffet for our unpopular flying friends, I have used Avon so soft with great success for the period of time between coming back from the beach/pool/ and early evening drinks on the balcony!

The reason being is it's not as harsh as the products mentioned below.

Once out for the evening I use a spray or two of "jungle formula max strength" and that seems to work great for me, however I have used boots equivalent and that seemed to work equally well.

Not sure about the habits of these little flying buggers but as a point of reference we normally holiday in Kefalonia in late July and mid September.

Hope this helps

Wimborne, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
2 reviews
7. Re: Mosquitos

There is mossies around now on some of the warmer days. Although not as big as in the summer.

But still give you a nip.

I agree with skin so soft from Avon.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
28 posts
42 reviews
8. Re: Mosquitos

Thank you for your help

Norman

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
282 posts
78 reviews
9. Re: Mosquitos

I had no problems with moskitos never seen one or got bit

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
10. Re: Mosquitos

I'm hear in lassi been here 5 days not been bit and not seen anybody with bites it's our 1st time to kefalonia love it but I say that every time I try another greek islands

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations