We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mosquitos

Sheffield
Level Contributor
27 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Mosquitos

Staying in Lassi next week and wondered if there is a problem with mosquitos yet as they love me!

Mentioned in this post
Lassi
Lassi
Cephalonia, Greece
19 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
4,664 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mosquitos

Hi, only been in June & Aug/Sept & never had a major prob, use citronella candles when havin bbq’s(all the supermarkets have them)

Cannington, United...
Level Contributor
14 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mosquitos

Boots Tropical Strength products are really good as I'm also a mosquitos idea of a great meal out !

Kingston-upon-Hull...
Level Contributor
931 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mosquitos

My wife started not using perfume on holiday and spraying with Jungle Juice 3 years ago, since then very few problems. We also have a plug in repelant in the room.

North Devon, UK
Level Contributor
74 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mosquitos

Re Mosquitos,

I learnt a tip off TA several years ago and have never had a problem since with mosquitos, try Avon Skin so Soft it's a dry spray which you just spray on to your body, no need to rub in and it smells nice too, very effective believe me, I have just got some more for my trip to Kefalonia at the end of May from Amazon, whether or not the mozzies are about it's a great spray for putting the oils back into your skin after being in the sun.

Enjoy your holiday.

Level Contributor
7 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mosquitos

Hi we use Avon skin so soft which is excellent the only time I get bitten now is if I forget to put it on

Stockport, United...
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mosquitos

Hi all,

In reply to all previous replys,

Speaking as a traditional walking buffet for our unpopular flying friends, I have used Avon so soft with great success for the period of time between coming back from the beach/pool/ and early evening drinks on the balcony!

The reason being is it's not as harsh as the products mentioned below.

Once out for the evening I use a spray or two of "jungle formula max strength" and that seems to work great for me, however I have used boots equivalent and that seemed to work equally well.

Not sure about the habits of these little flying buggers but as a point of reference we normally holiday in Kefalonia in late July and mid September.

Hope this helps

Wimborne, United...
Level Contributor
76 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mosquitos

There is mossies around now on some of the warmer days. Although not as big as in the summer.

But still give you a nip.

I agree with skin so soft from Avon.

Sheffield
Level Contributor
27 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mosquitos

Thank you for your help

Norman

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
215 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mosquitos

I had no problems with moskitos never seen one or got bit

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
64 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Mosquitos

I'm hear in lassi been here 5 days not been bit and not seen anybody with bites it's our 1st time to kefalonia love it but I say that every time I try another greek islands

Reply to: Mosquitos
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Lassi
Recent Conversations