We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay

Could anyone recommend family friendly appartments close to the beach shops & bars. Iv narrowed my holiday search down to Stalis but would really appreciate peoples opinions on where to stay. Travelling with my partner, parents & 10 year old son. Tia xx

9 replies to this topic
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay

Hello Tia,

You have made a great choice in going with Stalis! Can I ask if you have had a look at any and which ones you liked if so? Do you prefer big complexes, smaller ones , all inclusive, self catering , etc and in terms of budget is it a deal or something more upmarket ?

I think you will get lots of responses once you indicate this and if you give me something to go by or if you check what options you have I will be able to advise on where I have stayed or where my friends have.

The first time I went to Stalis I stayed in Nikos and it was perfect. Last year Rainbows was where we went and it ended up being great too as I like to get on with my holiday and Maria there was very laid back and the place was just spotless. With a kid I think you couldn’t go wrong with either of these. I have never had a problem in any accommodation in Stalis or Restaurant, pub etc - everyone is so kind and friendly.

Unfortunately coming from Ireland these options aren’t available in the packages for this year and there are no direct flights and we are traveling with friends who want a different type of place , so going with something else and also we like to try something different as a place is never the same the second time - in saying that we kept in touch with our many friends in the above mentioned complexes and throughout the resort.

I wish you well in you search and hope you have a lovely holiday in beautiful Stalis.

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to stay

Thanks for your reply. We are not looking for anything upmarket just something clean and comfortable, self catering as we like to eat out in different places. Also we dont mind large or small complexs as long as there is a nice pool for my boy xx

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to stay

Hi, It was my first time visiting Stalis last June and we stayed at Nikos Apartments, great family run business. We had such a good time there we are going back this June!

Great for kids and the whole family! :-) x

South Yorkshire...
Level Contributor
14 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to stay

thank you. I will take a look at nikos now xx

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Where to stay

That’s great same as myself on the accommodation! you won’t go wrong with Nikos anyway. If you have questions on other accommodation let me know - someone here will be able to help. Stalis is gorgeous and there is also a water park too.

Sale, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Crete
Level Contributor
12,280 posts
87 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Where to stay

Unless it's new, there isn't a waterpark in Stalis, but it's easy to arrange day trips to either Acquaplus or Watercity. You can also get the bus to Star Beach in Hersonissos, which has a pool with a few slides.

Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Where to stay

We stay at Latania,good reviews friendly staff

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
341 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Where to stay

Steve I meant a short distance away!!!!!!!! Not actually on the beach road lol

Coventry, UK
Level Contributor
3,634 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Where to stay

We have stayed at The Nikos, but weren't that impressed. Our apartment was small, with no promised TV, and the bathroom was uncomfortably tiny. The pool itself is nice, and the grassed area good for sunbathing, but the beds are too low and flimsy. Our main issue was its distance from any other bars or restaurants. It was about a 15 minute walk down hill into Stalis, which meant a steep climb back. Not good in the heat! So we ended up eating in the Nikos most lunch times. The food was fine, but only basic snacks.

So next season we have booked the Latania, which is in a much better position for us.

Reply to: Where to stay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Stalis
Recent Conversations