We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

French Foreign Legion Museum

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
French Foreign Legion Museum

Hi there

Has anyone been to the FFL Museum and if so was it worth it. Many thanks for any info.

14 replies to this topic
Marseille, France
Destination Expert
for Marseille, Aix-en-Provence
Level Contributor
1,438 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: French Foreign Legion Museum

There's a special exhibition of military badges and symbols on at the moment at the Foreign Legion Museum in Aubagne. More details (in French) laprovence.com/article/edition-aubagne-la-ci…

Northfleet, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: French Foreign Legion Museum

I want to the museum in late August, 2015, and found it quite worthwhile. I was staying in Marseilles and got a train to Aubagne from St Charles (every 30 minutes, 6 Euros return, about a 30 minute journey), and it was a 20 minute walk from the station. I was given a map in an information office outside the station which showed the location of the museum. The photo of the museum entrance shown on its website is actually from the parade ground, not that used by the public, but the opening times listed are correct. The museum is manned by soldiers stationed there, not civilians, and there is little English spoken, all of the exhibits having explanatory notes only in French, but so what, it's their museum!

Chichester, United...
2 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: French Foreign Legion Museum

Would anyone be able to give me any details of the Camerone Day Parade? I am disabled but really want to see it in April but can't find how to do it.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 post
Save Reply
14. Re: French Foreign Legion Museum

Can you get to Aubange and Puyloubier by public transport from Marseilles?

Do you need to stay in Aubagne or can you day trip from Marseilles?

Reply to: French Foreign Legion Museum
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Aubagne
Recent Conversations