We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

Lancs
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

Hi all! Can anyone help with the following? In the school holidays, does the Riomar have sunbeds around the pool area so we can still see the children but can also relax ourselves?!

With small- ish children who love the pool, would there be enough for them at the Riomar?

We have previously stayed at The Ros but have been priced-out for 2019 and The Riomar is still in budget.

Alternatively I have also looked at Casa Luis but don't really want to compromise on the lovely beachfront location! My husband and I are possibly being a little selfish as I get the feeling the children would prefer the pool areas of Casa Luis! Despite only being a short walk from the Marina for evening meals out, I think we would miss our usual location.

Thanks everyone, grateful for any helpful replies! Louise

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riomar
Hotel Riomar
622 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Catalonia Royal Ses Savines
Catalonia Royal Ses Savines
#1 of 58 hotels in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Duquesa Playa
Duquesa Playa
#2 of 58 hotels in Santa Eulalia del Rio
Hotel Anfora
Hotel Anfora
#1 of 14 hotels in Es Canar
13 replies to this topic
Everywhere
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

For your kids and all the people at Riomar who like a quiet time do the right thing and go to Casa Luis.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riomar
Hotel Riomar
622 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Lancs
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

Thanks Rick J. I think there may be other children there in the school holidays though!

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

I have just returned from a few days at the Riomar, and it’s not really a hotel I would choose to take children to be honest. Yes, the beachfront location is stunning, but there are no sunbeds around the pool area. They are all down steps adjacent, from which you can’t see the pool. I would also think the rooms would be very tight with extra beds in them. We had a seaview room which was beautiful, but I couldn’t see where more than two people could sleep comfortably. Added to which, when we pass the hotel in June, most of the clientele seem to be of the more mature age group. How about the Tropic Gardens? OK, not beachfront, but much more geared up for children.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Riomar
Hotel Riomar
622 Reviews
Ibiza, Spain
Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

I also should have said that unless they have changed the system this year, there are two sittings for dinner, strictly adhered to, which is dictated by the floor on which your room is located. This would be a no no for me with small children, especially if you are on a floor where you eat at 8.30.

Lancs
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

Thank you Librianne! You and Rick J have confirmed what I suspected! For me and my husband it sounds ideal, but it does sound like the children might be happier elsewhere! We are just sad that the lovely Ros is now out of price range I think! Thank you to both of you for replying!

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

It’s a shame about the Ros because it’s in a great location. Is the Orquidea out of the question budget wise?

Lancs
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

It has been in the past. We're looking for Summer 2019 and don't think it's available anymore. Thank you though! Louise

Everywhere
Level Contributor
2,154 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

The Orquidea has been taken over by a luxury hotel group and will be 'renovated' for 2019. That's obviously going to put the price up a fair bit. Prime site, happening all over....

Lancs
Level Contributor
29 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

Yes I heard it's going to be 'W' hotel.

Rugby
Destination Expert
for Ibiza
Level Contributor
2,054 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!

I forgot about the Orquidea takeover. I hope they take out the iron bars along the front (back) of the hotel, which always make it look rather....well, you know what I mean. Another family hotel within a decent budget gone, and there’s plenty more to go.

Reply to: Riomar - pool/sunbed area and children!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Eulalia del Rio
Recent Conversations