We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What is great about Goa?

Which Baga hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
South East
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
What is great about Goa?

Hello,

My boyfriend and I have been going to the typical tourist resorts of tenerife, turkey, lanzarote, spain etc for a number of years and now I want to go somewhere different!

We are looking at Goa and although it's quite expensive, a very long flight, terrible airport (by the sound of it), beach sellers hasseling you and pretty basic accomodation there's something about it that excites me!

We are looking for a holiday where we can relax but where there are some fun things to do and good places to eat too.

What are the people like? IS there a lot of hassle from beach sellers etc. Does this ruin it??

Should we book up? Please let me know why it's great!?

P.S. plan to go in Feb is this a good time weather wise? Want it warm but not painfully hot :)

Thank you.

South East
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What is great about Goa?

P.S. we are looking at Ronil Beach Resort, Baga Beach.

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What is great about Goa?

You're just in time to have a read of this thread!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k4…

Bo,ness Scotland
Level Contributor
1,390 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What is great about Goa?

3 words, GO FOR IT

I asked the same questions 5 years ago and been back every year since. The people are so friendly, the food is great, with so much choice. You will spend a fraction to what you would spend in Tenerife. I would say by the time youve taken everything into account your holiday would work out cheaper. The Ronil is in a good position. We like it there as you can always get a taxi if you want a quieter beach, but people differ. Feb is a good time to go. Hot and just before it starts to get too humid.

Go and enjoy yourself you will come back well relaxed(after the 1st day shock}

Paulbtbs

Newcastle upon...
Level Contributor
291 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: What is great about Goa?

its hard to explain how good goa is, untill you've been you will understand. I went two years ago for new year and it was awesome. Best holiday by far. You must be laid back and chilled tho as its nothing like typical resorts. I'v been to turkey few times also so you'll be used to hassle from bar/restaurant workers. So i just took the beach sellers with same attitude as those in turkey. But on that it doesn't put me off returning as booked up for november. Its not really hotter then turkey also in peak season i belive in feb. But iv only been in dec so dont take my word, but i found it nice temp. No doubt long timers on ta forum will advise better. Visit goa at least once if you didnt like dont go back ! Haha but i think you'll love it

Calangute, India
Level Contributor
3,812 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: What is great about Goa?

Come and see for yourself!

Wolf

Darlington, United...
Level Contributor
2,288 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What is great about Goa?

Couldn't have put it better myself Paul...WD!

I always vowed never to visit the same place twice as it's a huge world out there. But I am going back to Goa next March for the 4th time. Just love everything about it!

You asked about the temperature....2 weeks of blue sky. You will probably not see a cloud for the whole time you're there! Maximum daytime temp should be around 30-32 degrees with a slight onshore breeze....lovely! Nighttime it drops to about 24-26 degrees...so it's still very warm.

TA Member Bruahy posted various bits of info everyday last season. I've found his mid-Feb reports.....enjoy!

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g297604-i6045-k3…

Nottingham, United...
Level Contributor
830 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: What is great about Goa?

You will either LOVE it , or you will HATE it

But the whole world loves a trier

Edited: 24 September 2011, 01:07
South East
Level Contributor
89 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What is great about Goa?

Thanks all. You're making me feel like it's a good choice.

Slightly concerned about the '1st day shock' and 'you'll love it or hate it' comments.

My boyfriend hates being hassled but if they are friendly i hope it won't annoy him too much - seriously is it really really bad or if you say 'no' do they go away?!!!

LIVERPOOL
Level Contributor
8,849 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: What is great about Goa?

If my 6 year old daughter loves it you'll love it you really will. Once you are over the culture shock you'll be addicted just tell your boyfriend to chill and go with the flow. Good location for your hotel choice too.

Felixstowe, United...
Level Contributor
3,668 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: What is great about Goa?

Yes they will go away, just do not say "tomorrow " as a way of getting rid of them, they will be back!!!!. If you use the same beach shack as a home base the sellers will get to know you and you do not get a lot of hassle. ~I find a shake of the head is enough. I do not feel to hassled

Get answers to your questions about Baga
Recent Conversations